HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a bake off in the Vale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

What a bake off in the Vale Empty
PostSubject: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Forty eight  mini quiche, 50 sausage rolls, batch of cheese straws, 4  Apple pies, 4 loaves, 50 Cornish pasties. All made to freeze.

Some of those already at mum in laws for her own stocks bless her she was so grateful.

Grandchildren eaten and  watered and help make cheese straws to take home. Funny when you disguise veg amongst mash potatoes, they eat the lot.

Now back with their parents and I will be watching tipping point. Phew  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 4:07 pm

OMG Goldie that is a hell of a lot of baking, did you have any help ?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Well done Goldie! You are obviously a very good Nanny. :)

Mrs mart is famous amongst the grandchildren for her cheese straws, treacle tart and mini roast potatoes.

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 5:55 pm

malcolm wrote:
OMG Goldie that is a hell of a lot of baking, did you have any help ?
Hubby :;smile: washes up as we go along. 

I am used to it Mal. I have always batch baked as I find it easier. You just quadruple the amounts. I didn't with the bread though. I find it easier to make each individual one. A few out but most in the freezer now. 

One thing I was looking forward to was having a reason to cook, the grandchildren.  Bung them in the car to visit great grandma the same time

Yes the kids did  the cheese straws so easy and keeps them out of mischief.  I am cream crackered though  :;smile:

Last edited by Goldie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Mart wrote:
Well done Goldie! You are obviously a very good Nanny. :)

Mrs mart is famous amongst the grandchildren for her cheese straws, treacle tart and mini roast potatoes.

I love cooking and always helped mum as a kid. Mum used to run a tuck shop at the teachers training college and I always helped.  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 7:40 pm

I tend to us the packet shortcrust pastry these days, much easier  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a bake off in the Vale   What a bake off in the Vale Empty

Back to top Go down

What a bake off in the Vale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Food and Drink-
Jump to: