Purwell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised Empty
PostSubject: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Why on Earth would anyone want to do this? North York Moors
Theses coaches are used for films and TV etc. and have been absolutely trashed.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:39 pm

They're sick in the head Purwell. Pure mindless damage..
 No appreciation of history never mind respect for property. It makes you wonder how they get a thrill out of it. Must be heart breaking for those who love nostalgia and have taken the time to restore and care for them.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Mindless thick as pig shit individuals.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Pathetic, how sad to destroy heritage.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm

What b*****ds to carry out such mindless vandalism! I try to think back to when I was the same age as those who probably did this and ask if I could have done it? The answer is that, bad as I may have been then, I would never have dreamt of doing anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Mart wrote:
What b*****ds to carry out such mindless vandalism! I try to think back to when I was the same age as those who probably did this and ask if I could have done it? The answer is that, bad as I may have been then, I would never have dreamt of doing anything like that.

I think I was too scared of my parents and the thought of the local police being involved. It probably would have not entered my head go do anything like that anyway.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:36 pm

I agree with all comments HOWEVER as you know things have changed somewhat since we were kids??

1. teachers are not allowed to 'discipline' kids in the same way as they once did
2. Police are not allowed to 'discipline' society in the same way as they once did
3. Neighbours are not allowed to 'discipline' kids in the same way they once did

we have been persuaded to change the social norms and structures of our society/ Thankfully some of the old values prevail and I would hazard a guess that 80-90% of our youth are still being taught and retain 'good' values - it's the minorities who often cause more mayhem. No easy solutions - once we change the rules it's hard to bring the stick back!

I am comforted to know that they will be repaired and perhaps increased security measures will be considered?
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 pm

These acts of vandalism do seem to coincide with the schools breaking up for Summer.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 pm

have you even seen a school breaking up for summer - it's a terrible sight to behold to be sure to be sure and trying to put the bloody  thing back together again before they all return is no mean fete!  drum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 pm

davo wrote:
have you even seen a school breaking up for summer - it's a terrible sight to behold to be sure to be sure and trying to put the bloody  thing back together again before they all return is no mean fete!  drum

It keeps the local builders in a job davo. yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm

yes I like everything local - even the blondes!
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 10:09 pm

What a sad time we are living in.
We had a friend who had worked for the same company as I did and he had a loco up at Grosmont. He and his wife decided to hold/celebrate their silver wedding by having a party on a special train pulled by his loco. We boarded at Grosmont and ate, drank and made merry all the way to Pickering and back. Sadly he died about three years ago after having move to live in Grosmont about ten years ago. His wife, who is almost as big a fan as her husband, is still there, or was when we visited her a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised   Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised Empty

Back to top Go down

Antique Railway Carriages Vandalised
Page 1 of 1