Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Extending hedge trimmer Empty
PostSubject: Extending hedge trimmer   Extending hedge trimmer EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:26 am

I bought a mains voltage extending hedge trimmer after much deliberation. I read they can be awkward to use because of the weight but decided to take the chance.

It is a bit heavy to use but on the plus side, it makes trimming our high hedges very quick because there's no more shifting the ladder to move along a bit. This means I don't have to hold it aloft for too long ..and I can make it reach right across the top of the mature hedge if I do stand on the ladder.

The hedge trimmer can be removed from the pole and changed for a chainsaw. No massacres due to it getting out of control to report as yet. :)

I haven't fixed up the shoulder strap. Maybe that will help with the weight of it.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Extending hedge trimmer   Extending hedge trimmer EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:44 am

I've had my hedge trimmer for forty years...I bought it when I lived in Blackpool and had seven foot high Privet-hedges all around my house. It's a Black and Decker standard model and very heavy indeed.
I use it now for shrub trimming, lilac, Laurel and Holly and suchlike, it still performs well, now I suppose I've put the kiss of death on it !
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Extending hedge trimmer   Extending hedge trimmer EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:53 am

Yes, I hope you touched wood when you wrote that Malcolm. :)
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Extending hedge trimmer   Extending hedge trimmer EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 11:13 am

Mr Sags has got  one of those big extending hedge trimmers Mart.
His is rechargeable though ... but it does hold a long charge.

I was going to mention the weight. It can take  abit of getting used to. His is heavy because of the battery but on the other hand he doesn't need to bother with a ladder. I reckon from a safety viewpoint that is a big big bonus.
Just take care you don't knacker your shoulders with the weight though ... it can be best to pace yourself with the cutting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extending hedge trimmer   Extending hedge trimmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Extending hedge trimmer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Homes and Gardens-
Jump to: