Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:55 am

How about posting some of your pet hates.  Just to start the ball rolling here are one or two of mine.

The word CELEBRITY is one.  These days it has become totally meaningless, there is nothing to celebrate about  most of the people who are referred to as celebrities.  They are mainly non entities.

I also hate the whole concept of royalty and aristocracy.  It is mediaeval.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Pet hates 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 am

Agree entirely andsome
My pet hate is the corruption of our language, by texting, Americanisms and the acceptance of mispronunciation of certain words like February and heinous and schedule etc......I could go on !!!!
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 am

Fully agree with the above.  Another on is the mess that other peoples cats make in the garden, they are not in my opinion suitable pets for built up areas.

Any more folks?

Pet hates 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm

People who are totally gobsmacked when green follows red and amber and take a long time to pull themselves together and react.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 pm

completely agree with that Dragon yes
And those people, usually women, who wait until there are no more cars in sight in any direction before they will venture across the white line onto the roundabout.
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:42 pm

don't think i "hate" anything, thats an awfull word 
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:34 pm

I'm with you Macy I don't do hate, a lot of things niggle me, but I don't hate anyone
or anything.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 am

I particularly hate the amount of time given over to cookery and baking on TV.  A few months ago a TV presenter interviewed me at home about this, and it was broadcast on points of view.  Many friends got in touch and agreed with me.  A fat lot of good it did, it's as bad as ever.  Even the 24 hour news programme on BBC has Saturday kitchen.  Pet hates Annoyed Pet hates Annoyed

Pet hates 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 am

andsome wrote:
I particularly hate the amount of time given over to cookery and baking on TV.  A few months ago a TV presenter interviewed me at home about this, and it was broadcast on points of view.  Many friends got in touch and agreed with me.  A fat lot of good it did, it's as bad as ever.  Even the 24 hour news programme on BBC has Saturday kitchen.  Pet hates Annoyed Pet hates Annoyed

That's sad because it shows intolerance of other people's preferences in favour of your own.

In the main broadcasters don't show programmes that nobody watches, and while I'm perfectly willing to consign such programmes to the same bin as football, antiques, Formula 1. dancing, soaps etc.  I recognize that such programmes are popular with millions of people.

Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

Dragon wrote:
andsome wrote:

That's sad because it shows intolerance of other people's preferences in favour of your own.

In the main broadcasters don't show programmes that nobody watches, and while I'm perfectly willing to consign such programmes to the same bin as football, antiques, Formula 1. dancing, soaps etc.  I recognize that such programmes are popular with millions of people.

Live and let live.

I appreciate the fact that some find these shows entertaining, but there is such a thing as OTT.  If there was one per day that would not be so bad, but when I was on Points of view there was over 30 hours per week, every week.  OTT by any standards.  I don't know how many are on now, I haven't counted.  The point is that once the BBC get their teeth into something they flog it to death.

Pet hates 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 pm

People who don`t turn away and don`t use a tissue when coughing and sneezing angry 

Have had awful flu... every bone and muscle ached. Crying or Very sad
Head ached, Crying or Very sad throat hurt Crying or Very sad then the coughing started Crying or Very sad ... Felt dreadful, looked even worse ... oh woe was me. Crying or Very sad

I think people with colds should be forbidden to go out in public unless they`re wearing a mouth/nose mask, and they shouldn`t be allowed to touch anything without using throw-away gloves. :evil:
Anyone who sneezes or coughs without covering their mouth/nose
should be prosecuted, or better still, stoned. cool
In fact, they should be forbidden to move out of their own 4 walls.
Just keep your sneezing coughing virus-ridden bodies well away from me. angry
Went to the hairdresser this morning, before I`d taken off my coat I heard my hairdresser sneezing.
The lady in the next chair was coughing, I felt like I`d landed in a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses.
So I changed my appointment to next week. crying
Think I`ll go and treat myself to something nice. :) 
poor poor me ... whistle
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm

andsome wrote:
How about posting some of your pet hates.  Just to start the ball rolling here are one or two of mine.

The word CELEBRITY is one.  These days it has become totally meaningless, there is nothing to celebrate about  most of the people who are referred to as celebrities.  They are mainly non entities.

I also hate the whole concept of royalty and aristocracy.  It is mediaeval.
I agree andsome,
I associate a celebrity with someone who is famous, and not to some dim-witted wannabee who is so desperate to get their face on tv - they`ll do anything.
No wonder most of them are so uneducated?
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 pm

malcolm wrote:
Agree entirely andsome
My pet hate is the corruption of our language, by texting, Americanisms and the acceptance of mispronunciation of certain words like February and heinous and schedule etc......I could go on !!!!
 " could of"  instead of  "could have" ?
I`ve no idea where that`s come from, but oooh so annoying!
"My bad" ?  angry
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:25 pm

I have mentioned this in another topic, but I really do hate the screaming audiences on talent shows.  This why we won't watch them.

Pet hates 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:53 pm

andsome wrote:
I have mentioned this in another topic, but I really do hate the screaming audiences on talent shows.  This why we won't watch them.
Not just talent shows (in the main a misnomer!).

Even University Challenge has them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet hates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet hates   Pet hates Empty

Back to top Go down

Pet hates
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next