Ciderman
Goldie
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say Empty
PostSubject: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 1:15 am

[url=Spanish Bullfighter Gored To Death Spanish Bullfighter Gored To Death BY: MAINLAND POSTED ON: JUNE 18, 2017 VIEW: 2618 Spanish Bullfighter Gored To Death The bullfighter Iván Fandiño has died after being gored in a ring in France, becoming the second Spanish matador to be killed in less than 12 months after the death of Víctor Barrio last July. Entertaining a crowd Aire-sur-l’Adour, southwestern France, on Saturday, Fandiño tripped on his cape and fell to the floor, allowing the bull he was fighting to gore him savagely in his right flank. The Basque bullfighter from Orduña near Bilbao was rushed out of the arena by his fellow bullfighters and underwent an emergency procedure in the bullring’s surgery before being put in ambulance bound for a nearby hospital. “Hurry up, I’m dying,” are reported to have been the 36-year-old bullfighter’s last words in the ambulance. “I have no words; I can’t believe it,” said Juan del Álamo, the bullfighter who eventually killed the animal that had gored Fandiño. “He was in a lot of pain from the goring, but nobody expected it to end up like this. None of us understand how it could have happened; it was all so fast. The bull knocked him down with its hindquarters and he fell face down,” Mr Del Álamo told television cameras. The fatal goring of Víctor Barrio last July in Teruel, Spain, led to controversy as some animal rights supporters expressed their joy at his death on social networks. Barrio was the first Spanish bullfighter to have been killed in action since 1985. According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, Fandiño had to be reanimated after suffering a heart attack while in the bullring’s surgery. A second heart attack reportedly ended his life in the ambulance.]Spanish Bullfighter Gored To Death Spanish Bullfighter Gored To Death BY: MAINLAND POSTED ON: JUNE 18, 2017 VIEW: 2618 Spanish Bullfighter Gored To Death The bullfighter Iván Fandiño has died after being gored in a ring in France, becoming the second Spanish matador to be killed in less than 12 months after the death of Víctor Barrio last July. Entertaining a crowd Aire-sur-l’Adour, southwestern France, on Saturday, Fandiño tripped on his cape and fell to the floor, allowing the bull he was fighting to gore him savagely in his right flank. The Basque bullfighter from Orduña near Bilbao was rushed out of the arena by his fellow bullfighters and underwent an emergency procedure in the bullring’s surgery before being put in ambulance bound for a nearby hospital. “Hurry up, I’m dying,” are reported to have been the 36-year-old bullfighter’s last words in the ambulance. “I have no words; I can’t believe it,” said Juan del Álamo, the bullfighter who eventually killed the animal that had gored Fandiño. “He was in a lot of pain from the goring, but nobody expected it to end up like this. None of us understand how it could have happened; it was all so fast. The bull knocked him down with its hindquarters and he fell face down,” Mr Del Álamo told television cameras. The fatal goring of Víctor Barrio last July in Teruel, Spain, led to controversy as some animal rights supporters expressed their joy at his death on social networks. Barrio was the first Spanish bullfighter to have been killed in action since 1985. According to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, Fandiño had to be reanimated after suffering a heart attack while in the bullring’s surgery. A second heart attack reportedly ended his life in the ambulance.[/url]

Thank goodness we don't have it here in mainland they do.

I have no sympathy. A barbaric sport in my view. oh no
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 3:41 am

I know what you mean Goldie. All the times I have been to different parts of Spain it has always been a venue that I have given a miss to. It's not my kind of sport.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 4:11 am

It's never appealed to me, even when I was in Spain.

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 5:51 am

I wrote this a few years ago

Matador Sam
Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say C
wakes weeks in Bolton were alus in June
When t' factories and t' shops all shut down
Wi' t' wind blowin' cold and t' rain lashin' ard
On t' stray dogs as were alus around

But this year were different for Sam and his wife
And for t' kids an' all ' they were fain
'Cos they'd saved-up their money since  last Christmas gone
And flown off for a fortneet in Spain

T' Costa Brava were grand at this time of the year
And t' sun shone from morning till neet
They just lied onta t' beach in their cossies
And let th' ocean wash sand o'er their feet

Now Sam 'e were chapel and didn't take a drink
But they'd got in wi' some folks from Chorley
Who'd insisted that Sam shared a bottle of wine
And Sam 'e were tempted '- sorely !

So off to t' Bodega strolled Sam in the sun
A red 'ankie tied tight round 'is 'ead
A red towel tied loose round 'is shoulders
And 'is knee - length shorts ' aye they were red  !

Sam pushed open t' door of t' Bodega
And 'e looked all around and about
And there were 'is new friends from Chorley
Suppin' wine from a jug wi' a spout

T' bar were crammed fair full of Spaniards
There weren't a spare inch on the floor
'Cos today were the day of the bullfight
At the local Corrida ' next door  !

His chums shouted  "Sam come and join us"
And they shouted to t' waiter  "More wine"  !!
And it wern't very long before Sam were firm friends
Wi' Bacchus  the god of the vine

Suddenly t' bar started to empty
All that wine 'ad robbed Sam of his sense
'Cos 'e followed t' crowd into t' Corrida
'E thought they were all goin' to t' gents  !!

T' sunlight hit Sam right between th' eyes
And 'e felt his knees start to give way
Then 'ead over 'eels 'e tumbled down t' steps
And the Spaniards all shouted  "Ole"  !!

'E got to 'is feet then 'e stumbled again
And t' crowd really thought it were grand
Sam felt 'is legs fail as he fell over t' rail
And 'e landed in t' bullring in t' sand

Now t' bull's name were Oswald and scared though 'e was
At the fate -  surely 'is  before night
'E walked straight up to Sam an' 'e looked 'im in th' eye
But Sam were in no mood for a fight

'E shoved both of 'is 'ands in 'is pockets
And 'e smiled and felt pleased as punch
When 'e pulled out a pair of black puddin's
As 'is wife had packed-up for 'is lunch

Oswald stood snortin' and gruntin'
And diggin' 'is 'ooves in the sand
So Sam offered 'im one o' t' black puddin's
'E 'eld it right out in 'is 'and

Oswald smelled it then licked it then swallowed it whole
'E were fain of some food I dare say
'Cos 'eed 'ad a bit of an 'eadache
And 'e 'adn't felt like eatin' all day

Oswald soon realised as Sam meant 'im no 'arm
And their thoughts were both on t' same track
So 'e lowered 'is 'ead and wi' one mighty leap
Sam landed astride Oswald's back

The bull walked round t' ring at a slow steady pace
In the scorchin' 'ot  heat of the day
Sam took off 'is towel and wafted 'is face
And the Spaniards all shouted   - " Ole" !!

T' crowd all jumped up and they clapped and they cheered
And then all of 'em started to shout
And Sam scratched 'is 'ead in bewilderment like
'E couldn't see what all t' fuss were about

Well they gave t' bull as a present to Matador Sam
For t' best sport they'd all 'ad in years
But t' purists among 'em well they weren't best pleased
'Cos t' matadors usually only get th' ears

And now down in Bolton just off t' Chorley road
When your down there you'll probably spy
Oswald and Sam sat together in t'park
Sharin' black puddin' and cow - heel pie !!
 Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say C
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 6:15 am

drum

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 am

malcolm wrote:

I wrote this a few years ago

That is so good  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 9:57 am

Hi guys

At certain festivals they put a bull in the centre of the village.  The villagers take turns in stabbing the bull, it takes hours to die. This is in very remote villages. Horrible sight.  It then gets cooked and eaten.

Thankfully  the younger generation are starting to come around to animal cruelty and there is a huge campaign to abolish both activities. Most parts of Spain have abolished bull fighting but there are still the hard liners.

I am quite meek but I will get very stroppy if I see animal cruelty. I confronted the lead huntsman in our area in Vale of Glamorgan once. He was so high up on his horse. He said foxes are vermin.  I said just like you. He was about to raise his whip to me. I said I know your name if you touch me I will report your for assault and past misdemeanors. 

A story for another time :;smile:
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Ah ... that's the one I was thinking of Goldie.

Is that when they run the bulls through the streets?
In some ways that's worse than a bullfight in a ring... though I thought France and Spain had stopped that.
And us here in the UK can't say we've totally got rid of fox hunting either .. and never will as too many favour it's return.
I've always thought those who find it entertaining hunting animals, including these big game hunters on safaris on African reservations are sick in the head.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 5:40 pm

No sags, it is any festival they may have religious or otherwise. Only in older more traditional parts of Spain 

The poor bull is tied to a post and it is stabbed over many hours. Believe you me I found it hard to watchm sickening  in  fact but did.  

Some parts have banned it but there are still small enclaves.

There was a mass petition recently, many signed.

Horrible and not sad at all the bull fighter had his chips, probably a quicker death.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 9:22 pm

I don't like bullfighting - but not to the extent I welcome a participants death.

I think we should take a leaf out of a certain politicians book and negotiate with the association of bullfighters to persuade them that what they are doing is cruel. If that fails to work we should organise a mass march on parliament to protest that the government cares more about bulls that it does about hard working people. giggle

shy

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:47 pm

Since the formation of the European Parliament the bull shit produced by Spains bovine activities has been a godsend to all Euro MPs.
If the supply should ever fail we would have no where to exile our never ending stream of useless M.P.s.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

catgate wrote:
Since the formation of the European Parliament the bull shit produced by Spains bovine activities has been a godsend to all Euro MPs.
If the supply should ever fail we would have no where to exile our never ending stream of useless M.P.s.
 Not sure I agree there cat it's a cultural thing inbred into families over generations.

I just don't like it at all to be honest but prefer rugby. Death of another species due to the ball being made of leather. Joke  murgs dance
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

AlanHo wrote:
I don't like bullfighting - but not to the extent I welcome a participants death.

I think we should take a leaf out of a certain politicians book and negotiate with the association of bullfighters to persuade them that what they are doing is cruel. If that fails to work we should organise a mass march on parliament to protest that the government cares more about bulls that it does about hard working people. giggle

shy
Death perhaps a bit over the top Alan on my part but perhaps a slow lingering death  drum

All politicians should be segregated to Angelsy and all the population of said allowed to live in palatial politicians homes at no rent and free food.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Goldie

I just don't like it at all to be honest but prefer rugby. Death of another species due to the ball being made of leather.  Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say 493323236

You bring a very sad memory back.

I was a member of a Rugby club on the out skirts of Bradford, about 72 years ago, and I had been picked as reserve  on the up coming Saturday. It was run buy a committee of players and ex players. It was of course a Rugby Union club  but one or two ex Rugby League retirees were members of the club and played a big part in the running of the club.

Saturday morning came and felt unwell. I had some sort of stomach upset.  I was not " ill ", I was uncomfortable, but
I decided to go along with my kit just in case a miracle caused me to have to play.

I had only been their a few minutes before I was approached by one of the committee members and a retired player. He said that I would be playing because "xxxxxx" had cancelled due to ill health. My face must have shown some sort of disapointment, because ha asked ,"Are you alright?" 

I explained the situation and said I was not so bad as not to be unable to play, but he said words to the effect,"Don't worry I will play in your place, It is years since I played". Being one of the club leaders and committee men there was really nothing I could say. In addition it was obvious he really wanted to play not just make up the numbers.

He had no boots with him, but a shuffle about turned up a chap in the opposing team who had a spare pair of the right size. So Johny played.

In his day he had been "stand off half", which is a something I am not going to go into, except to say that he was not part of the scrum.

The game had been going for about a quarter  of an hour when suddenly the ball was picked up by Johny and he set off for the oppositions try line like a man being chased by an Alsation. He kept having a quick look back and kept up a staggering speed for a man his age,

He threw himself over the "touch line" and just lay there perfectly still.

it was obvious what had happened and it certainly would need an ambulance at the very least. So I set of at a gallop to the nearest telephone, which was quite a way away, and got an ambulance to come.....quickly.

When I got back to the changing room it was plainly obvious that he had played his last game...of every thing.

The general feeling all round was along the lines of "Well, if you have to go  it was a lovely way to go ."

Many, many years after all this we went to the silver wedding of a lifelong chum, Brian.
As we went in Brian turned round and behind him was the owner of the boots. "He said this is XXXX XXXX".
Both XXXX XXXX and I laughed, and said in unison "Well I knew him before I knew you."

Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Blimey going out scoring a try!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say Empty

Back to top Go down

Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next