Outstanding Bravery and Risk.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Outstanding Bravery and Risk. Empty
PostSubject: Outstanding Bravery and Risk.   Outstanding Bravery and Risk. EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 3:59 pm

My grandfather did a staggering thing. He set off from Bridlington, in a fishing boat with a crew of four, to go out into the North Sea to catch some Halibut. They sailed for three weeks and found themselves in Antarctica having gone in through a hole in the Equator just as they were having tiffin and no one was holding the steering wheel. By the time they got to Antarctica there was only Grandad and one crew man left...they had eaten the other two.
After another month the boat arrived back in Bridlington with only Grandads teeth on board.
It had been necessary for him to eat the other crew man and himself in order to get back.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: Outstanding Bravery and Risk.   Outstanding Bravery and Risk. EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:52 pm

That's the thing about dentures .. they're pretty indigestible.
Have you noticed how fearsome and wicked their smiles can look when they grin at your from inside that glass on the bedside table. They simply refuse to drown.
Bet your granddad didn't know that when he set out. 

giggle  I can't believe I replied to that.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Outstanding Bravery and Risk.   Outstanding Bravery and Risk. EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 5:17 pm

sags wrote:
That's the thing about dentures .. they're pretty indigestible.
Have you noticed how fearsome and wicked their smiles can look when they grin at your from inside that glass on the bedside table. They simply refuse to drown.
Bet your granddad didn't know that when he set out. 

giggle  I can't believe I replied to that.
Ha ha imagine the smell as well  drum  oh catgate you make me laugh
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Outstanding Bravery and Risk.   Outstanding Bravery and Risk. EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 11:39 pm

catgate wrote:
My grandfather did a staggering thing. He set off from Bridlington, in a fishing boat with a crew of four, to go out into the North Sea to catch some Halibut. They sailed for three weeks and found themselves in Antarctica having gone in through a hole in the Equator just as they were having tiffin and no one was holding the steering wheel. By the time they got to Antarctica there was only Grandad and one crew man left...they had eaten the other two.
After another month the boat arrived back in Bridlington with only Grandads teeth on board.
It had been necessary for him to eat the other crew man and himself in order to get back.
I beat that story made an awful clatter?? drum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outstanding Bravery and Risk.   Outstanding Bravery and Risk. Empty

Back to top Go down

Outstanding Bravery and Risk.
Page 1 of 1