2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

SunnySpecs Empty
PostSubject: SunnySpecs   SunnySpecs EmptySat Jun 03, 2017 9:43 am

SunnySpecs, a 'Winter Blues' remedy. Even when summer comes, there are still weeks at a time when sun refuses to grace us with its presence and the clouds throw a bucket or two of water around. The effect worsens if one of those dull and wet weeks happens to coincide with a holiday or day out.

Introducing Electric Sun Glasses. This innovative idea may help to take some of the heartache out of the typical British dull holiday. The glasses, marketed under the name of 'SunnySpecs', are expected to bring relief and happiness not only to Britons but also to millions foreign people all over Northern Europe, where the weather can be even worse than it is here.

In addition to being useful on holiday, they can also be worn by those who like to wear sun glasses on days so dark that mid-day looks like twilight. Whatever the reason for this is, i.e. hay fever, hangover or just plain poser value, it is for sure that the day is going to look a lot more dismal than it really is. Even quite bright days will look dreary and must lead to depression in the wearer.

Brighten up life with the flick of a switch. This new invention consists of a miniature boom added to the nose bridge of the standard sunglasses. The boom angles upwards to keep it out of the line of sight. On the end of the boom, also out of the line of sight, is a torch bulb. Wires run back down the boom, along the frame, behind the ear and eventually to a battery pack via a 'Bright Sun/Dim Sun' control. The close proximity of the glowing bulb to the eyes will make it appear as if the Sun is shining from above.

The frames and boom, complete with bulb housing, will only be available in black initially. However, it is rumoured that mind blowing tortoiseshell models will be produced in time for the even gloomier winter months.

Hoteliers are enthusiastic about the invention. They plan to sell, or in some cases gladly give, 'Sunnyspecs' to guests who are miserable, cantankerous and generally difficult to please because of poor holiday weather. To overcome the problem of rain, the manufacturers will also soon be applying the concept of artificial sunshine to the inside of an umbrella! This will be simply achieved by incorporating the bulb, probably a Halogen one for extra brightness, into the umbrella canopy. The user will then be afforded dryness as well as pseudo sunshine. Certainly a bonus to any British holiday.

Disco models. Future models of 'SunnySpecs' will include the additional setting for running the bulb in 'Strobe Mode' for use in Disco's. Some criticism has been mounted against this idea because of the danger of poking a dance partner in the eye with the protruding boom. To overcome this, the manufacturer has put forward plans to include a miniature air bag that inflates at the end of the boom on poke impact.

Baseball caps. Another concern about use in Disco's is that if a dancing partner is wearing a baseball cap the right way round the boom could get under the peak and hook the cap off. It may end up hanging on the end of the boom as if on a coat peg. It is feared that under these circumstances the 'SunnySpecs' wearer might suffer an epileptic fit due to the enclosed stroboscopic effect of the light. The manufacturer maintains that this is not a problem since people who go to Disco's never wear their baseball caps the right way round anyway.

Summertime simulation. The 'SunnySpecs pack' will contain a spare battery, a bulb and some waterproof black silhouette shapes of the more commonplace items such as coke cans, teapots, cups and handbags etc. These are designed to take the place of shadows and are for the holidaymaker who refuses to give up and go home from the seaside even though the weather is abysmal.

The advertising literature suggests that, on such days, the holidaymaker should put on a warm coat and the 'SunnySpecs' sunglasses. Whilst enjoying an alfresco snack, the control should be turned to 'Bright Sun' (or 'Wide Smile') to brighten the day. Use the cut-out shapes to enhance the illusion of sunshine. Examine the objects in the vicinity, search through shadow pack and arrange the appropriate shapes next to them.

Care choosing the correct shadow is important because a handbag would look very peculiar casting a teapot shadow etc. Also the shadows should all face the same way. It must be decided where the real sun might be if it was shining and the shadows placed away from that direction. If the Sun should come out, the 'SunnySpecs' sunglasses can be turned off and the artificial shadows removed. When the Sun goes back in, simply set the whole lot up again.

A word about the 'non-cool' look. The manufacturers realise that users may feel they look silly whilst wearing 'SunnySpecs'. They counter this by pointing out just how daft cycle helmets looked at first. Some models look like an opened up rugby ball perched on the head. Even though the helmets still look daft they are now accepted as normal. It is anticipated that the same acceptance will apply to 'SunnySpecs' in time ..maybe a lot of time.

Where to buy. It has been noticed by the 'SunnySpecs' maker that supermarkets sell glasses that work at affordable prices. It is therefore expected that these will be the main outlet. Anywhere that sells flimsy bits of plastic or metal that go under the name of 'designer frames' costing £70-00 or even £120-00 is not likely to be invited to stock 'SunnySpecs'.

'SunnySpecs' will be on those unstable revolving display units soon. Buy quickly to avoid the disappointment of them being out of stock due to heavy demand.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

SunnySpecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: SunnySpecs   SunnySpecs EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 am

cheaper to move to Australia? better lifestyle - less bombs and plenty of sun - oh and better food!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

SunnySpecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: SunnySpecs   SunnySpecs EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:46 am

I couldn't stand all that sunshine Davo. I like to sit out in it for a while, or even have a day out somewhere nice when the sun shines but that's about it. Mrs Mart and I have both had Bowens lesions (a form of skin cancer) due to too much Sun in our younger years.

It's nice where we live anyway. No place like home for us.

I think I'll stick to the SunnySpecs and the occasional Kangaroo burgers from Iceland (frozen food shop). :)
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

SunnySpecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: SunnySpecs   SunnySpecs EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 12:12 pm

well sure we have plenty of sunshine but we bottle it and call it bourbon!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

SunnySpecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: SunnySpecs   SunnySpecs EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 3:26 am

we always wear our sunnies unless we have pronounced overcasting eyebrows which shade. we now have our perfect weather for the year - Dry season 14-28 per day and nice sea breezes. I can sit out in the shade at lunch time at 24C with a beer and NOT sweat at all - no sweat man but still need my sunnies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SunnySpecs Empty
PostSubject: Re: SunnySpecs   SunnySpecs Empty

Back to top Go down

SunnySpecs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Random Scribbles, Poetry, Stories etc.-
Jump to: