Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

John Lewis Christmas Advert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lewis Christmas Advert   John Lewis Christmas Advert - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:30 am

Excellent. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: John Lewis Christmas Advert   John Lewis Christmas Advert - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:36 am

Whilst I agree with you beastie it is important to remember that
these adverts are created, in the main, by children in their late teens and twenties and the First World War is about as relevant to them as the Civil War.....just history.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: John Lewis Christmas Advert   John Lewis Christmas Advert - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 4:09 pm

malcolm wrote:
Whilst I agree with you beastie it is important to remember that
these adverts are created, in the main, by children in their late teens and twenties and the First World War is about as relevant to them as the Civil War.....just history.

Perhaps the next advert can pose the iconic and terrifying images of a scorched naked child fleeing the horrors of Nagasaki, into the arms of an American GI who tenderly folds her damaged body into the latest ' Burberry' coat? 

Or lines of naked shaven headed women lining up for the showers in Belsen being handed the newest brand of 'Pears soap'?

My point being these incidents in global history are far too important to be trivialised on the pretext of selling chocolate bars, the proceeds of which will be donated to the 'Red Coss' whilst the main aim is to entice shoppers in to buy more tins of peas than normal over the yuletide season...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Lewis Christmas Advert   John Lewis Christmas Advert - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Lewis Christmas Advert
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2