Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Big Brother Gets Closer Empty
PostSubject: Big Brother Gets Closer   Big Brother Gets Closer EmptyFri May 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Government controlled Internet, what do you think about this?
After the "Snooper's Charter" they now want to control what we say on line.

This a snip from an article in The Independent newspaper.

"Senior Tories confirmed that the phrasing indicates that the Government intends to introduce huge restrictions on what people can post, share and publish online"

More info here: https://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2017/05/tory-manifesto-2017/
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Gets Closer   Big Brother Gets Closer EmptyFri May 19, 2017 4:16 pm

That article covers lots of things.

My concern with the internet is terrorism and I think that needs to be tightly controlled especially content and the fact that ISIS can publish pretty horrific things. Communication between terrorists too monitored, picking up key phrases.

I think we are all responsible for what we write and also if  we want content to be removed then we should be free to have that choice.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Gets Closer   Big Brother Gets Closer EmptySat May 20, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't know how they could discover the bad people online without snooping on the innocent. I also don't know how snooping is done though. There can't be a board of people all looking at what everyone on the Internet says or does. There'd have to be more snoopers than innocent users for that. :)

I've often thought it might be done by servers looking out for certain keywords that are related to crime. Start sending any of those words across the Internet and they might get picked up on and diverted to someone who looks at the whole communication to see if there is anything dodgy going on.

If that is the case, then what we say or transmit across the Internet won't get taken any notice of at all if we don't write/send those words. I wonder if that is the way it works? It could be.

There probably is also a degree of Internet scouring of sites known for being a source of crime, slander, bullying etc. It would be quite right to monitor such sites in my opinion. People go too far under the protection of anonymity. They ought to be held to account for their words and actions just as they would be if they were said or done in life away from the Internet. People expect to be policed and kept an eye on in all other aspects of life to make sure laws don't get broken, so why not on the Internet too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother Gets Closer   Big Brother Gets Closer Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Brother Gets Closer
Page 1 of 1