HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kodis and hard drives??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Kodis and hard drives?? Empty
PostSubject: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 1:33 am

Is a kodi just another hard drive or is it something different??
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:30 am

I thought it was a bear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 3:07 pm

It's a Master program for using other downloadable program's for pirating Movie, TV and other downloads from the internet. Illegal to say the least, copyright and all that. There was an article on the web the other day which read "Kodi users could face up to ten years in jail", then went on the describe what it was all about. Just Google it and it will be all there.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Looks like Davo is going to jailĀ  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 10:15 pm

I have used Kodi in a limited way on my Desktop computer. It is just a media player in essence ..and a very good one with a pretty interface.

As I understand it, Kodi itself isn't an illegal program but it is illegal to use it for the purposes Gandalph has mentioned. Use it just as a media player for playing audio/video files that you own and I think that is OK.

I didn't keep Kodi because I use a different media player called 'Media Monkey'. I paid for this program some time ago, so might as well use this rather than Kodi.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Now this is way above my headĀ  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Thanks for the info lads = a mate in london told me they are now 'illegal' in UK but they are still purchasable in OZ but I think the caveat will apply that Mart mentioned. Kodi beware
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kodis and hard drives??   Kodis and hard drives?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kodis and hard drives??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Computer Matters-
Jump to: