HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally Had To Do It

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Finally Had To Do It Empty
PostSubject: Finally Had To Do It   Finally Had To Do It EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 am

Well I finally ditched my all walking talking, does everything smart  swipe phone with all the gubbins half of the facilities I am never going to use. 

I simply could not answer the phone when it rang, leading to many missed calls. I was fed up with updating,  this that and the other. To boot it was like carrying a small brick in my handbag.

Went to a phone shop in the city.  Tucked away in a dark corner I spotted it. Yes!  A small phone, old fashioned  design,  and you just press the green button to answer, bliss. Takes longer to text but who cares. 

Being retired I do not want calenders,  meeting reminders, email which you are tempted to look at when you should be enjoying a nice tapas.

Just want a phone not a walking, talking office.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finally Had To Do It   Finally Had To Do It EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 am

I completely agree with that....I never use mine and I had one hell of a job learning to answer the thing.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Finally Had To Do It   Finally Had To Do It EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Wouldn't be without my Windows phone to be honest but I could not get on with the Android one that I had, although most people seem to prefer them, like you I could never answer the damn thing, swiping every which way but loose!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Finally Had To Do It   Finally Had To Do It EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 1:38 pm

I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE back in its box and waiting for me to flog it.  It was a fine phone but far too big in my trouser pocket. I got fed up with glances from the ladies thinking I was pleased to see them.

I have replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 which is just the right size. I miss the installed maps in the Lumia and now have Google maps which are good, but need to be regularly refreshed over the web.

The actual reason for swapping phones was because my new car can use Android Auto wifi connecting which enables me to have speed cameras and TomTom traffic warnings display on the sat-nav. We do a lot of travelling and the system is great. It can also connect to Apple Car Play if you have an iPhone.

So anyone lusting for a 18 month old Lumia 640 LTE phone bought from EE and who has either big trouser pockets or a hand bag should make me an offer I can't refuse.

My wife has used a simple Samsung flip phone for a few years and resolutely refused to upgrade to a smart phone. That all changed when she had her first great grand child 7 months ago and she was missing out on the daily photos and chat from her daughters. She now has the same phone as me and is much better at using it.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Finally Had To Do It   Finally Had To Do It EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 6:54 pm

I must have an allergy to the 21st Century.
I have never owned a mobile phone.

They are the spawn of Satan.
And in my experience, often useless.
From my landline, I phone someone on their mobile ....
(a) it costs me more
(b) the reception is crap. Their voices break-up or simply drop-out
(c) no answer - either switched off, out of credit, flat battery, out of range or not with them - seems to defeat the purpose of having one.

Then again, my allergy to this century goes further -
I do not possess a credit card and I use a computer only for the occasional email and (like this) educating Poms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Had To Do It   Finally Had To Do It Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally Had To Do It
Page 1 of 1