HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
-pops-
-pops-

My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) Empty
PostSubject: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 am

Faggots are almost impossible to obtain around here and after being very disappointed with frozen ones, I decided to do an interpretation:

500g Low fat (5%) Pork Mince
1 packet of Tesco Finest Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix
4 rashers of Streaky Bacon (thin sliced Pancetta) finely chopped
More streaky bacon to wrap around the finished item (optional)

Make the stuffing according to the pack instructions. Allow to cool and mix with the pork and chopped bacon.

Divide the mixture (I made 16 from this amount), form into balls and wrap a piece of bacon around each one. Place in a greased ovenproof dish and cook for about 35 minutes at gas #6.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:58 am

I am definitely going to try those Pops, they look delicious. Thank you  blowkiss
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Pops - the only thing I consider missing from your ingredients is minced liver (lambs). 50/50 with the pork. It makes a big difference to the flavour.

My wife uses liver pate instead of liver (which she hates to handle).

I cook them in the oven at 160 degrees C for 10 minutes to seer the outside then transfer them to a casserole containing onion gravy - with lots of onions. Put the lid on and cook them at 150 degrees for 30 minutes.

I then freeze them individually in small plastic containers topped to the lid with onion gravy for future microwaving as a quick meal.

I love them with mashed spuds and peas

Its not gourmet cooking - but it's really quite delicious.  Strangely - its the only way I eat liver - I don't like it on its own

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:11 pm

My hubby likers liver, bacon and onion gravy. I only tend to buy lambs liver. You can't get that  here unless you buy imported and to mean to pay the prices  murgs dance
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 am

Alan, there is a reason why there is no liver present. When I first made these I just happened to have "lost" the liver I bought for them so I carried on without and they turned out fine so I didn't see the need to add liver after that.

The lost liver was found later and had dropped out of the shopping bag on to the back seat of the car. It was found the same day but too late to go into the faggots. We enjoyed it the next day with onions.

I bought pigs liver as I dislike lamb's - just as I dislike lambs kidneys (all other edible parts of the sheep I do enjoy, though).
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Sorry guys I don't like faggots and not liver or kidneys either:
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 2:47 pm

meerkat12 wrote:
Sorry guys I don't like faggots and not liver or kidneys either:
Each to his own. No need to apologise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)   My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks) Empty

Back to top Go down

My take on Faggots (Savoury Ducks)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Food and Drink-
Jump to: