Goldie
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 7:34 pm

I had completely forgotten I had joined a forum and had a message today as follows.

Members who have not logged in this year have been removed from our site.

This means that you may have lost some 'Friends' from your profile page and other areas of the site.

It does also mean that as you browse our site and interact with members they are far more likely to reply :)

I do find the number of members who just sit in the background odd as I thought a forum was to chat to other member.

Anyone have thoughts  whistle
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 pm

I pop in to the 5 forums I belong to every day and at intervals, like when I'm having a coffee. I don't do word games or puzzles but that's just me, I like to interact with people so unless I have something to post, I flick through in case there's a topic of interest, but I'm usually short of time. 
Things are a bit different at the moment as I have got gout in my left knee. Very nasty so I can sit at my computer and harass you all!

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 pm

I only use 3 forums now  i dont seem to have the time like i used to --but looking at the list i think some members should be culled as it dont look like they are interested in posting.

Culling Members  1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:02 pm

I have enjoyed our chats Ciderman. I do not tend to like the word games either but like music.  I also do craft  rug making at the moment on hold. I enjoy world news topics and cultural news.

I just left  a forum and not on any others now. I was getting more and more stressed and frankly do not need it.

Painful gout.  sun
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:07 pm

ourjimmy wrote:
I only use 3 forums now  i dont seem to have the time like i used to --but looking at the list i think some members should be culled as it dont look like they are interested in posting.

Probably forum spies ha ha. I enjoy looking for interesting topics to post our Jimmy  I suppose we all should make an effort to  find threads to attract new members Culling Members  1695888395

Maybe a smaller forum is better. Less ego   blowkiss
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Long, long ago when I was at school in Auckland, the teachers instigated an anti-bullying scheme involving senior pupils who had some school respect from the rest of the pupils, because maybe they were sports leaders with a high profile. We were told that we should involve ourselves if we saw bullying taking place. That didn't mean that we had to bully the bully but to use our 'mana', (Maori word for respect) to stop the bullying. 
I know this is a little off topic but I have had no respect for bullies or even failed bullies, and these do occur on the internet.

Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Funnily enough Ciderman this was instigated in the NHS too with specific protocol enforced. This is why I am so shocked it happened on a forum of supposed mature posters. 

I have had many contact me confirming this as well. If they do not conform then you are hounded off. Even since Brexit the rudeness displayed to our European friends is quite frankly disgusting. Yes by all means have a different view but when it comes to name calling of others makes the post invalid. 

My dad abhorred bullies and always had a sense of justice. I hate racism too, I have many ex colleagues all races and religions.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 3:18 am

Ciderman wrote:
I pop in to the 5 forums I belong to every day and at intervals, like when I'm having a coffee. I don't do word games or puzzles but that's just me, I like to interact with people so unless I have something to post, I flick through in case there's a topic of interest, but I'm usually short of time. 
Things are a bit different at the moment as I have got gout in my left knee. Very nasty so I can sit at my computer and harass you all!

cd I've had gout in both feet for 20 odd years and they have been odd years but there is a simple remedy - progout taken daily removes all pain but leave off it for a few days and the pain returns
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 3:45 am

I had to look that up Davo!  That's allopurinol which I take as a preventative but obviously not preventative enough this time.

Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 3:48 am

Ciderman wrote:
I had to look that up Davo!  That's allopurinol which I take as a preventative but obviously not preventative enough this time.

OMG ya goin down fast - all that vino dino! - you could try cannabis ?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 am

Weed  shy it has medicinal uses. Perhaps you need to go back to your doctor Ciderman have your Meds reviewed.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 am

I've just got gout in my right big toe at the moment...never had it before, not going to the docs though ! I'm already on nine pills a day and I don't want any more !!
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 9:42 am

malcolm wrote:
I've just got gout in my right big toe at the moment...never had it before, not going to the docs though ! I'm already on nine pills a day and I don't want any more !!
I still go back to review your Meds though Malcolm. They may decrease some in order to give you some relief from the gout

:;tennis;:
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 11:05 am

On this forum I am
Admin
Malcolm
Jakeyboy
Linda

I need several aliases in order to run the forum effectively.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 am

malcolm wrote:
On this forum I am
Admin
Malcolm
Jakeyboy
Linda

I need several aliases in order to run the forum effectively

Understand Malcolm but surely if I were to befriend Linda and send private email and confide in you is that not a bit sneaky. I am pleased you have been transparent though as I thought for sometime this was the case.

I have just tried  to recruit a member I knew from another forum. Finally  we managed to contact via private emails . It appears the management if they see a link in your email delete it. One forum owner I temporary modded for told the board he could read emails. 

Unfortunately for him most of us were female and he had his ears boxed  drum

I also understand emails have to be stored due to content and threats, which I agree but if a mod were to dislike you would be then be  unresponsive to reports  from yourself. 

Not a critism of Murgatroyds as you have always been open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Culling Members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culling Members    Culling Members  Empty

Back to top Go down

Culling Members
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next