HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie
Goldie

Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum Empty
PostSubject: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Wills and who inherits. Why do family automatically think they will be the beneficiary. 

It never pays to upset mum

.http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39278921
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 pm

I think that it's a fundamental right to be able to leave your money and possessions to whomever you wish when you die, with no interference from the courts and judiciary.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:33 pm

The problem there Malcolm is when a dementia sufferer gets taken advantage of - as happened to one of my uncles.

His cleaner befriended him and took advantage. My cousins had an awful time getting it sorted and a large proportion of the assets went in legal fees.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 pm

I was taking it as read that the deceased would have been of sound mind when writing the wll.
Obviously if that was not the case then the courts would have to become involved.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:06 pm

If leaving a will ,it should be exactly what you say, that's the whole point of a will .
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 10:49 pm

I have worked in  health care. It's amazing how many relatives descend when they think mum and dad are heading towards  heaven or can they move in with you.  Quite upsetting.

We have just done our wills. The kids had  their inheritance before we retired here.

Any money or property is going to cancer research and local animal protection organisations.  Wills here are lodged in Madrid and wishes to adhered to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum   Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh A Good One - Never Upset Mum
Page 1 of 1