Ciderman
davo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

the trump inauguration  Empty
PostSubject: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 6:17 am

no one seems to be talking about it here? - or are you still all in bed in the cold winter morns?

well I enjoyed his speech and found it rather inspiring - how he will achieve all he said of course is a different thing - but he is a good orator and I never saw hm use cue cards or tele-prompts?

He spoke of God and giving America back to the people - the people would be running the country not he??

sweep
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 6:39 am

I have serious doubts that he has America's best interest at heart. His main skill seems to be in extracting himself before his various ventures failed (and many have). He has no experience in public service but who knows? He needs to curb his mouth though - he is attracting the racist rednecks of poor America. Hopefully he can rise above it and prove successful. 
The whole American system strikes me as corrupt. Money is such a big factor in winning or losing. Why does one man hold such power? And why does it need a tri-cameral system? It's bad enough having a House of Lords but they go one more. I hope for the best for America but I'm not holding my breath!

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm

He will surprise us - one way or the other.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:00 pm

It will be OK once he gets into office. They have made it with locks that can only be unlocked from out size and neither he nor any of his supporters have been given keys.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:27 pm

It'll be interesting .. no doubt about it.
A business man not a politician but after a B movie actor as President why not?
There's a general view, not specific to the USA either, that politicians feather their own nests .. perhaps Trump, as a money mogul, will help feather America's alongside feathering his own?
He can't have a worse grasp of economics than some others have had.

Have to say I'm a bit baffled over all these marches and demonstrations around the world objecting to him.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:44 am

"Have to say I'm a bit baffled over all these marches and demonstrations around the world objecting to him."

They are only doing it because he is objectionable.  He's very good at it too, in my eyes. Over the years we have had a muffin or two of our own, but Blonde looks like being a World Champion clown.
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:45 pm

The most worrying part of this circus is that he's got his finger hovering over the nucular button.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 1:14 pm

-pops- wrote:
The most worrying part of this circus is that he's got his finger hovering over the nucular button.
You've hit on something I had overlooked, pops.
He does not know his ups from his downs....and why he wears that silly yellow cap beats me.
I think if he had been over here he would have been sectioned and shunted into a home for the bewildered by now.
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 4:43 pm

sags wrote:
   ....   Have to say I'm a bit baffled over all these marches and demonstrations around the world objecting to him.

Gee I wonder if some might have been upset
by his disgusting comments about women
his mockery of the disabled,
his attitude to the media,
his threat to force Muslim Americans to 'register',
his intent to go backwards on health-care for the poor
etc etc etc etc 
and that's before we even start on non-domestic issues.

Yep, baffling that many might demonstrate. 

Edit:  I have no idea why this has apeared in such huge font. It was not my intention to 'shout'.
And I can't find any way to reduce it.
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Gee ... I can understand American ladies voicing their opinion over their new President. Anything he does will directly impact upon their lives.
As to other women who live in other countries?
Do they strut the walk and talk the talk over how the Saudi's treat, and execute women .. or indeed, focus on Women's Rights in general. Female solidarity seems a little sporadic and hit and miss.

You were right to draw attention to one thing ..
and that's before we even start on non-domestic issues.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 6:39 pm

it's early days - being the president is hard work and I'm not convinced he is up to it physically or mentally. His wife is refusing to live in the white house and will stay in the New York apartment - he is going to be a lonely man - I thin the job is going to wear him down, and both houses his own and the democrats will put a lot of pressure on him. He cannot just sit there, make the decisions and watch them happen - he hasn't got the power of Putin
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 2:17 am

davo wrote:
 .... His wife is refusing to live in the white house and will stay in the New York apartment - he is going to be a lonely man - 

" Melania told Parenting.com. Melania and Barron won't move into the White House right away
they plan to stay in New York until the end of the school year. "

http://www.amny.com/news/elections/donald-trump-s-family-tree-melania-ivanka-tiffany-eric-and-more-relatives-1.12039888

EDIT:  God this microscopic or gigantic font-size is a pain. And this geriatric techno-'pain' can't manage to adjust it.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 8:00 am

Pumicestone wrote:
davo wrote:
 .... His wife is refusing to live in the white house and will stay in the New York apartment - he is going to be a lonely man - 

" Melania told Parenting.com. Melania and Barron won't move into the White House right away
they plan to stay in New York until the end of the school year. "

http://www.amny.com/news/elections/donald-trump-s-family-tree-melania-ivanka-tiffany-eric-and-more-relatives-1.12039888

EDIT:  God this microscopic or gigantic font-size is a pain. And this geriatric techno-'pain' can't manage to adjust it.

never mind pummie just type your bit then run your arrow over the entire text you have typed and then go to the tool bar and select the icon with the capita A and red arrow on it click on it - come on come on keep up - a drop down menu will appear with numbers select the number you want to equate to size of text! :;tennis;:
Back to top Go down
sags
Ex-member
Ex-member
sags

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm determined to master this ....  the trump inauguration  Sleepingcomphi9
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

The frivolous, bombastic disregard that western, so called democratically elected governments have shown with their contemptible attitudes to the real aspirations and needs of the people they are supposed to protect and govern wisely has come back to bite them massively on their asses.  The fragile bubble of elitist protection that has taken generations of banks, politicians, conglomerates and their ilk to create is on its way to bursting. All over Europe and even further afield…..What follows in its wake, I know not? I’m just glad to see the beginning of the demise of what has been the status quo for far too long!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the trump inauguration    the trump inauguration  Empty

Back to top Go down

the trump inauguration
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next