Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Langsam bitte! Langsam!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:26 pm

erh - we don't won't too much German on here - and sshhh "don't mention dar var" Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 1695888395
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Basically, it started years ago as an annual comic advert to promote Australian lamb.
Paid for by meat-producers. 

It always came out just before the 'Australia Day' public holiday on which many Aussies have 'barbies' which usually featured bloody great steaks, sausages, prawns - and, just about anything except lamb. 
(But heaps of beer).

As someone else said, in recent times some of our indigenous folk have denigrated the whole thing, calling it "Invasion Day". 

In deference, I reckon the producers of this one have compromised pretty well.
The main actors right from the beginning are indigenous - and it then goes on to emphasize our fairly-successful multicultural history - without once mentioning the dreaded "Australia Day".

If one reads the comments after the clip (on Alan's link), there are a few 'whinging Poms' claiming that not enough emphasis was focused on our British heritage. 

Oh well, can't please 'em all  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 7:06 pm

I have spent about the last 60 years of my life honing my whinging skills to the peak of perfection. I assumed it was an attribute that would guarantee a free pass into Australia.

Are you now insinuating that I have wasted my time?

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 pm

AlanHo wrote:
I have spent about the last 60 years of my life honing my whinging skills to the peak of perfection. I assumed it was an attribute that would guarantee a free pass into Australia.

Are you now insinuating that I have wasted my time?

we could get you in if you are prepared to wear a Niqab?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Pumicestone wrote:
Basically, it started years ago as an annual comic advert to promote Australian lamb.
Paid for by meat-producers. 

It always came out just before the 'Australia Day' public holiday on which many Aussies have 'barbies' which usually featured bloody great steaks, sausages, prawns - and, just about anything except lamb. 
(But heaps of beer).

As someone else said, in recent times some of our indigenous folk have denigrated the whole thing, calling it "Invasion Day". 

In deference, I reckon the producers of this one have compromised pretty well.
The main actors right from the beginning are indigenous - and it then goes on to emphasize our fairly-successful multicultural history - without once mentioning the dreaded "Australia Day".

If one reads the comments after the clip (on Alan's link), there are a few 'whinging Poms' claiming that not enough emphasis was focused on our British heritage. 

Oh well, can't please 'em all  :;smile:

the word Indigenous is ALWAYS written with a capital letter I in deference!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 10:12 pm

davo wrote:
Quote :
we could get you in if you are prepared to wear a Niqab?

Would a Klu Klux Klan outfit suffice

Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 Klu10

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:57 pm

if you never want to see your cold cold home anymore - the prisons here are very hot!
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 12:34 am

DAVO
"the word Indigenous is ALWAYS written with a capital letter I in deference"

Not by me, mate. It is an adjective - not a proper noun, a name or a title.

I have enormous respect for our indigenous people - and over the years have spent much time as a volunteer in defence of aboriginal causes.

First I've heard of any demands to change English grammar or usage though.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 am

Pumicestone wrote:
DAVO

I have enormous respect for our indigenous people - and over the years have spent much time as a volunteer in defence of aboriginal causes.

Queensland always the last to know - check Hansard govt files

anyways digger since when 'ave wez been using english grammar - this is OZ mate were wez throw another prawn on the barbie - you got a roo loose at the top of the paddock??

or been droppin ya cigars in the surf at bondi beach??
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Fortunately, there are still some Australians who retain some 'couth and culcha'  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:36 am

Pumicestone wrote:
DAVO

then you of all people do not understand OZ's history OR computer technology OR ????????
Back to top Go down
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 3:33 am

WE differ - so it follows that I don't understand ?
Ever wonder if the boot just might be on the other foot ?

Not going to get into a pissing contest about which of us knows more about Australian history - although I'm pretty bloody sure I'd be safe  :;smile:

As for the techno-stuff, so what ?
One can use a big "I" or a little "i" with a biro, a pencil a keyboard - or a "thumbnail dipped in tar"
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 5:13 am

this article comes from your own state? -might be a bit heavy for you even the past premier Sir Joh had problems with english I hear?

terminologies

NB:

Indigenous Australians
Spell with a capital when referring to Australia's Indigenous population, but use lowercase when referring to indigenous populations in general.
Indigenous Australians
The indigenous people in Vietnam 
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 am

Steady on you jokers! Remember East-West vernacular variations. You two are even further apart than me and Australia! No wonder you can't understand each other.  yes

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Pumicestone
Pumicestone

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Dead right, Ciderman.
Poor old Davo seems obsessed with minutiae. I'll capitalize "indigenous" if he really insists.
It is of little consequence when there are far, far more serious issues which actually impact on their welll-being.

Also, he seems to have some strange, sarky attitude to those from the state of Queensland.
I reckon people are people - and I don't give a rat's which part of the continent they hail from.

Equally strange is the repeated references to a nut-job state-premier we had 30 years ago !?
Scraping the bottom of the barrel, mate  :;smile:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oz Makes a Clever Advert   Oz Makes a Clever Advert - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oz Makes a Clever Advert
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next