Irene
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Nice pics Ciders --i like the 53 years one  very good.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:15 pm

yes Yes jimmy, puts it all in perspective!

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 6:22 pm

ourjimmy wrote:
Hi There --a beleted Happy New year from me--not been too well the both of us --we had to cancel Christmas due mostly to the wife being rather poorly --she is still not 100% after picking this virus up 3 weeks ago.
It hasnt hit me as much but i still got the brunt of it--not very nice i must say.
I had my 2nd drink last night and didnt really enjoy it -no taste at all--just managed a small dinner to-night which is a good sign--hope you all have had a good christmas and new year --and nice to see the forum growing.  cheers. :;smile:
Hey 'ourjimmy', glad that you are feeling a little better and hopefully the missus is following quickly.

I have been out of action since the 29th with some sort of lurgi that took a day or two to knock me on my back. First illness I've had in bloody years. Just started eating solids today without it coming out of both ends within minutes.

Hopefully we will all be up and about to tackle the new year asap....So let us trust that it will be a safe and prosperous one for all?
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Hope all goes well now for you

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 11:29 am

Sorry you've not been so well Beastie.
Hope you're feeling a lot better now old mate yes
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 1:24 pm

You will have to get better for the opening Beastie murgs dance

Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Feeling a lot better today thanks....Going to eat some cold lamb tonight and see how it goes......I think this is the longest time I have been without alcohol in many, many years....Can't do me any harm and I may continue it until the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:31 pm

So sorry to hear that some of you and your partners have been unwell.  pale  I sincerely hope that you all have a good recovery very soon and look forward to a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

I too have had a problem.  On Christmas day, I had a fall which resulted in a plaster cast being installed yesterday.  I did not attend A&E on the day, although I did the following day.  Unfortunately, Boxing Day still leaves the emergency minimally staffed - although I was grateful for the attention which I received.

An appointment was made for one week later.  Unfortunately, that was yet another Bank Holiday (in-lieu of New Years Day).  As a result, I received a call from the hospital a couple of days before, apologising for the error and moving the appointment to Tuesday 3rd Jan, when I had the plaster cast fitted.

Moving, dressing, cooking, going to the loo etc., is an absolute bugger!  Crying or Very sad

It seems that I have damaged the ulna ligament in my thumb.  Very painful...

..Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Sorry to read that Irene.

A friend suffered a similar injury which he told me was called skiers thumb because it is a common ski injury. He did it when he went to open a door and his wife on the other side of the door pushed it open and his thumb took the brunt of the impact

I hope you get better quickly

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Irene wrote:
So sorry to hear that some of you and your partners have been unwell.  pale  I sincerely hope that you all have a good recovery very soon and look forward to a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

I too have had a problem.  On Christmas day, I had a fall which resulted in a plaster cast being installed yesterday.  I did not attend A&E on the day, although I did the following day.  Unfortunately, Boxing Day still leaves the emergency minimally staffed - although I was grateful for the attention which I received.

An appointment was made for one week later.  Unfortunately, that was yet another Bank Holiday (in-lieu of New Years Day).  As a result, I received a call from the hospital a couple of days before, apologising for the error and moving the appointment to Tuesday 3rd Jan, when I had the plaster cast fitted.

Moving, dressing, cooking, going to the loo etc., is an absolute bugger!  Crying or Very sad

It seems that I have damaged the ulna ligament in my thumb.  Very painful...

oh dear was it an alcohol related accident perchance? blowkiss
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 11:52 pm

ulna ligament in  thumb problems are usually caused by giving the 'thumbs up' inappropriately 

Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:56 am

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes Irene

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:09 am

Sorry to learn that Irene - I wondered where you had gone.

I had a somewhat similar accident a long time ago with my middle finger. I moved to open a glass door not realising the door was in the process of closing. The impact caused the middle joint to be rent apart so the last two bits of the finger were left more or less dangling.

Took ages to join back together.
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:53 am

Many thanks everyone for your comments and concerns.

davo, I certainly had imbibed one or two champagne cocktails (Champers with a dash of Cointreau), but I don't think it was the cause of my mishap.  Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 Wink112

I do occasionally have balance issues - even when I have two feet on the ground! ... 
It was probably caused by vanity!  My daughter-in-law was showing me one of her Xmas gifts (a hair remover gadget without blades).   I was standing and lifted my right foot onto some loose cushions which I had been using as a foot-rest; this is where the vanity comes in - I wanted to know if the gadget would safely remove any growth on the area of my leg which is badly discoloured with poor circulation.  It was at this moment when I began to fall backwards - that is all I remember.  I must have put out my left arm to break my fall.  Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 Ohmy10

I knew immediately that I had damaged my hand in some way and the rest is history.

..Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 am

Sounds very painful, Irene! Hope it doesn't take too long to heal and for the pain to ease. 

Sorry to hear of the others who have been ill and hope too that you'll all be feeling much better.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 am

I know this is small consolation - but you could so easily have got hurt much worse - you clearly had a close shave.... morn

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year Everyone!   Happy New Year Everyone! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year Everyone!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next