5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Join In The Sing-Song Empty
PostSubject: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 10:25 pm

SING ALONG WITH ME EVERYONE

Go here if you don't know the Tune...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKMD_8-tj5c

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble, .. when you're perfect in every way

I can't wait to look in the mirror, .... 'cause I get better lookin' each day

To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man

Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, .. but I'm doing the best that I can

I can’t help being handsome, .. you are never going to compete

And when it comes to brain power – I belong to the select elite

Perfection has its downside .. with people in awe of me

Who cares, I never get lonesome, .. 'cause I treasure my own company,

Oh…..chorus

I guess you could say I'm a loner, .. a grumpy old man who is proud

I could have lots of friends if I wanted . but then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd.

Some folks say that I'm ego-tistical. Hell, that’s just gonna make me GROAN

I have lots and lots of groans in stock -  to use when I have a  good moan

Oh….chorus

Ta Da!!!!!

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 2:51 pm

Brilliant, fits to a tee.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Join In The Sing-Song 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 3:32 pm

It's a pity Mahler is dead - he could have used those lyrics in an opera.morn

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:22 pm

AlanHo wrote:
It's a pity Mahler is dead - he could have used those lyrics in an opera.morn

He didn't compose opera cool

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 pm

I am aware of that - by snuffing it he has now missed the chance.  As you know composing the music is easy - anyone can chuck a few notes, quavers and semi quavers onto lined paper. Even you could do that. It's writing the superb lyrics like wot I do that creates the masterpiece.

Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 am

You have obviously never listened to GOOD music.  The intricate notation and interweaving melodies of the best composers beggar belief.  Most opera composers only compose the music, the libretto is usually done by someone else.  hat

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 11:29 am

I don't understand your intransigence when it comes to other peoples music tastes. It so happens you like Mahler - fair enough - that is your thing.

My posts above were intended as light banter - not a fuse to ruffle your Mahler feathers.

So what makes you think I have never listened to GOOD music just because I don't take my tastes so seriously that I constantly ram it down other peoples throats. Neither do I need a lecture on the intricacy of the music of the best composers.  I have enjoyed concerts in a number of fantastic concert halls including Birmingham, London, Sydney, Dallas, Atlanta, Rome, Barcelona, New York, Dusseldorf, and even Tokyo would you believe - embracing opera, ballet and classical music, not to mention numerous modern and light music performances by a number of artists.

For me - music is pure unadulterated personal pleasure - I don't expect or demand other people to have the same tastes as me.

Enjoy Mahler if you will - but it gets tiresome to be told that all the time. 

I will now listen to some Abba to smooth my feathers.......... hat drum

Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 12:12 pm

I have very wide musical tastes,but Abba are extremely irritating. Bumpy bumpy bumpy bump,all at the same volume. My tastes extend to classical,brass band,opera,modern jazz,traditional jazz,the singers of a few years ago like Sinatra,Crosby,The Carpenters,and many others, some country,etc etc. I just can't stand kids strumming guitars with two or three chords thrown in,while screaming and shouting. 

hat

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 pm

Andsome does seem to be rather possessive and exclusivistic when it come to music I agree.
I have very eclectic tastes in both popular and classical music.
I certainly love the gentle Baroque music of Mozart and Albinoni etc, but can take or leave the heavy brigade of Mahler and his cohorts.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

andsome wrote:
I have very wide musical tastes,but Abba are extremely irritating. Bumpy bumpy bumpy bump,all at the same volume. My tastes extend to classical,brass band,opera,modern jazz,traditional jazz,the singers of a few years ago like Sinatra,Crosby,The Carpenters,and many others, some country,etc etc. I just can't stand kids strumming guitars with two or three chords thrown in,while screaming and shouting. 

hat

If you find Abba irritating - it is possibly because you don't understand the intricate notation and interweaving melodies of their music.....Join In The Sing-Song Theband_zps824d16f9

I agree with you about most of the young singers - they scream and yell rather than sing - qualities appreciated by only those with the tastes of Simon Cowell and his sidekicks.

Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 pm

What puzzles me is why should the world need to be told who is the "finest composer who ever lived".
If this silly assertion were it to be true,  every one would be aware of it and  there would be no need for "aficionados" to act as disciples. 
I have liked most sorts of music all my life with the exception of those sorts that are "serious". I find they seem to be supported by people who are trying to be "superior beings".
They usually fail.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 1:31 pm

AlanHo wrote:
andsome wrote:

hat

If you find Abba irritating - it is possibly because you don't understand the intricate notation and interweaving melodies of their music.....Join In The Sing-Song Theband_zps824d16f9

I agree with you about most of the young singers - they scream and yell rather than sing - qualities appreciated by only those with the tastes of Simon Cowell and his sidekicks.

It's the constant bumpy bumpy bump monotonous rhythm that irritates me. When you have heard one you have heard the lot.

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 4:06 pm

I repeat - it's because you don't understand the intricate notation and interweaving melodies (and rhythm) of their music.....Join In The Sing-Song Theband_zps824d16f9 and the subtle variations between one song and the next.

In any event - I would rather watch a busty blonde perform than your selection...no wonder you groan a lot, all that heavy dour music has taken its toll......Join In The Sing-Song Boy_cl11Join In The Sing-Song Sexy10

Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 5:24 pm

I used to think I could not play the euphonium until I found out I was a banjo, and then it turned out to be the tuba that I could not get under my chin.
I am also a bit puzzled as to whether woman in Alan's post is an organist.
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Join In The Sing-Song Laught11    Join In The Sing-Song Laught11

..Join In The Sing-Song Irene_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Join In The Sing-Song   Join In The Sing-Song Empty

Back to top Go down

Join In The Sing-Song
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next