4 posters
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 9:44 am

I've just found out that I can download BBC programmes from iPlayer to my computer in mp4 format
I am D/L The Witness for the Prosecution, as I type, having been recommended to watch it by Tony Snell from BBC Radio Merseyside
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:31 am

I enjoyed The Witness For the Prosecution. Extremely well made and acted with the usual Agatha Christie twist at the end.

Is this what you are using to download from iPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/install
I believe that the recordings are time-bombed and have a 30 day life.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:52 am

I've recorded it in my usual way - on my hard drive recorder as it was broadcast. No time limits on it then. I'm recording Jonathan Creek the same way.

I can then transfer to DVD (DVD writer contained in the same machine) if I wish.
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 1:20 pm

A short while ago we replaced our old 'digibox' with a Panasonic wifi enabled version... we're still learning how to drive it!  iPlayer use is an option, but as far as we can tell, are not able to record from it.  Also, not everything is available it seems and then those which are, are only for a limited period.

However, the wifi does enable access to Netflix and YouTube.  

To complicate things even further, one of our Christmas gifts was an AppleTV box!   Laughing

..BBC iPlayer Irene_10
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm not very impressed with iPlayer. Apart from immediate things like dropouts (not the fault of my broadband speed) there is the irritating thing of so many things not being available on the iPlayer repertoire. This restriction applies to anything that is not a production of the BBC - certainly feature films are proscribed but also a number of programmes which seem to be of BBC origin but are actually bought in.
This, combined with the limited life imposed on iPlayer downloads makes me keep to my old methods. This used to be VHS tape but that was quickly replaced as soon as we got digital TV transmissions (quite late on around here) by a hard drive recorder with included DVD recorder to then copy anything we want to keep permanently.
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 2:47 pm

We'll see how the latest Apple TV box goes.  May have to involve our son, who gifted it.  santa

..BBC iPlayer Irene_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BBC iPlayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: BBC iPlayer   BBC iPlayer Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC iPlayer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Film and TV-
Jump to: