malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51 ... 68  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

What's on your menu today - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am

I had a cold a few weeks ago, the first one for many years, it was dreadful and took a long time to go, you have all my sympathies yes
Back to top Go down
YANWOL
Ex-member
Ex-member

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 11:57 am

malcolm wrote:
I had a cold a few weeks ago, the first one for many years, it was dreadful and took a long time to go, you have all my sympathies yes

Oh poo Malcolm but thanks for the sympathy.
Seriously hoping it won't linger but I really don't feel any better today and if 'he who should not be named' (due here on Monday) catches it ..... oooooooh nooooooooooo.

He will be impossible oh no

Correction ... he already IS impossible ... 

hmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 12:51 pm

When it comes down to men, women are gluttons for punishment
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Having a break from cooking today, we are having a ready cooked meal from Marks/Spencer's
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm

try some of this rachtet this should clear out the cold

Cock Broth for people under the weather

Use a red cock, not too old. And then beat him to death, and when dead pluck him and quarter, and bruise all the bones. Place cock in an earthen ware bowl and add various herbs, fennel,  parsley, violet leaves , aniseed seeds, mace, liquorice. Quarter pint of rosewater,  pint of white wine, and two or three dates. Cover with dough and put the pot in a pan of boiling water for 12 hrs. serve when cool.

thumbthumb
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 5:40 am

Chinese pork and pepper stir-fry today with egg fried rice.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 7:58 am

Salt and pepper baps today,filled with slices of smoked roast turkey, and for me thick slices of onion, for 'Er indoors the same except that she will have sliced tomato, I will have a couple of tomatoes on the side.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 35 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 8:21 am

Anonymous white fish (lost its label) today from the back of the freezer. With chips & peas.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 am

Curried Cod - asian style!

Ingredients:

Cooking method for Curried Cod
Serves 2

Make a paste of the curry powder and chilli powder with a little water. Fry the onion until translucent in the veg oil then add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry on medium for a further 5 minutes. Add the curry and chilli powder paste and stir in and fry for a further 30 secs. Add the cod and cook for 1 minute on each side. Add half the Massalla Gravy and simmer for 5 minutes or until the cod is cooked, stirring constantly. If needed add more massalla gravy and water to prevent the curry becoming too thick or dry. Now add the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute. Serve with the whole coriander leaves sprinkled over the top.

yummy yummy yum
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 8:18 am

I have asked several fish mongers how a cod can have loins and have never received a sensible answer.  Have you any idea as to an answer?

We are having sirloin steak today, with plenty of fried onions, carrot, sprouts and roast spuds. Plenty of onion gravy too.

Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 35 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
Irene
Irene

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 am

davo wrote:
Curried Cod - asian style!

Ingredients:

yummy yummy yum

Surely all of that added 'heat' will blow your mind, along with your rear!!   What's on your menu today - Page 35 Rofl10

What's on your menu today - Page 35 Farting

..What's on your menu today - Page 35 Irene_10
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 am

Beef stew and dumplin's with roast potatoes and cabbage
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am

Still unsure what yesterday's fish was. I think it was cod but it was very small sized fillets.

Today it's the panchetta, pea and orza "risotto" which I detailed the other day.

I have, apparently, a problem with my kidneys so I'm keeping the protein down somewhat before I go to see the nephrologist tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:38 am

Gammon & eggs today - after the hospital visit I'm sure I'll want something comforting to eat.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 8:39 am

-pops- wrote:
Gammon & eggs today - after the hospital visit I'm sure I'll want something comforting to eat.
Good luck with that pops yes
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 am

andsome wrote:
I have asked several fish mongers how a cod can have loins and have never received a sensible answer.  Have you any idea as to an answer?

We are having sirloin steak today, with plenty of fried onions, carrot, sprouts and roast spuds. Plenty of onion gravy too.

cod loins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 34 of 68Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51 ... 68  Next