malcolm
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 68  Next
AuthorMessage
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator

What's on your menu today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 am

I'm doing meatloaf today with potatoes and carrots
Never done it before, hope it's good yes
Recipe here
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 am

-pops- wrote:
Dry griddled tuna with caper berries, olives and a touch of olive oil with pasta (haven't decide which, yet) and a simple salad.

Instead of a simple salad why not have an intelligent one? sunny

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

What's on your menu today - Page 3 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 9:16 am

Regarding andsome's comment about the simple salad, I didn't want the salad to outshine the brilliance of the tuna and its dressing. BTW we had tagliatelle as the pasta.

Today it's Lamb Stir Fry (English Style). This is one of those "sling it together" meals where you know instinctively how much of what to put in. If you're a bit unsure, I'll put some quesstimate amounts to two people.

Cut some very thin slices from an uncooked lamb leg joint (100 - 125g). Cut further in postage stamp sized pieces. Chop a medium/large onion into small pieces and fry in a small amount of fat until soft. Add the lamb pieces and continue to cook until the lamb begins to crisp up. Add cooked basmati rice (made from 1 cup of rice in a rice cooker or however much you wish) and a lamb Oxo which has been mixed with a small amout of water. Stir gently to thoroughly heat the rice and add a tin of garden peas, pepper and chopped mint. Mix well and serve.

I think the best peas for this are tinned garden peas. Next best, frozen ones. Don't use marrowfats as they tend to disintegrate
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 9:39 am

It's my Friday usual of sandwiches.  Canned mackerel in Olive oil, with thick slices of onion.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 11:57 am

I'm making sweet and sour chicken and fried rice
Pieces of chicken breast battered and deep fried served separately with fried rice covered in S/S sauce.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Sounds fine to me.

Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Pork-Chops and chips to-night.

What's on your menu today - Page 3 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 8:15 am

Roast lamb today using the leg of lamb that I stole the slices from for yesterday's meal. Served with roast spuds, roast parsnips and Brussels.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 8:38 am

Saturday night is baps night.  Tiger baps with sliced ox tongue.  I will also include thick slices of onion on mine, and 'Er indoors will have tomato sliced up on hers.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 9:07 am

Scouse for us today, chunks of steak and carrots, celery, onions and potatoes with a pinch of cumin oxo and S&P slow cooked for 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 3:21 pm

It's a cordon bleu meal for us tonight.

A small baked spud with a small cheese and ham salad and a glass of chardonnay.

I won't eat much - serves me right for having a toastie at lunch time

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:31 am

Pork steaks, sag's cousin, with apple sauce, roast spuds, carrots and sprouts.

Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:54 am

Yesterday's leftover lamb, sliced and made into a hotpot type of dish with sliced potatoes and sliced onions. Finish with a layer of potatoes. Cover with any remaining gravy (extra stock if necessary) ensure all the contents are covered with liquid. Plenty of pepper, cover and cook on a low heat for several hours until the potatoes are soft and the liquid has evaporated enough to expose the top layer of potatoes and allowed them to brown. Leave the lid off for a time if this hasn't happened.

We're having that with stir fry brussels: Blanch the trimmed and halved (lengthwise) sprouts in boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop any further cooking.

Heat a small amount of oil in a wok or frying pan. Sprinkle in some sesame seeds and a finely chopped fresh red chili. When the sesame seeds start popping add the sprouts and stir fry over a high heat until brown bits appear on them. Cook to the degree of brown you like and serve with the lamb
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 5:18 pm

That sounds tasty Pops...

I have a slab of belly pork in the oven at the moment and with it we are having roast potatoes, carrots, peas, stuffing and gravy.....And a shed load of vino!
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:23 pm

A Sunday Roast
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 11:14 pm

I'm into wraps at the moment - filled with anything that's healthy from the salad bowls and strips of meat, fish and cheese [not all together!] they are much tastier than they seem or look and the kilos keep coming down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your menu today   What's on your menu today - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your menu today
Page 3 of 68Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 68  Next