HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you had to .......

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

If you had to ....... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:31 pm

digby wrote:
OH Scottish are you Peppadew  murgs dance
no digby, but I do love a man with a bagpipe Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:26 pm

just kidding Peppadew......you'll love Bigman then, he's handy with his bagpipes.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I hate bagpipes they are just a sreaming screetching noise to me !
They are a difficult instrument to master, however, and it takes al ot of time, patience and skill to master them into producing music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:56 pm

that will upset Biggie he loves his bagpipes being a good Scotsman he plays them very
well too.
Back to top Go down
Judd
Judd

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:04 pm

malcolm wrote:
I hate bagpipes they are just a sreaming screetching noise to me !
They are a difficult instrument to master, however, and it takes al ot of time, patience and skill to master them into producing music.

Away wi yer man, you can't beat the skirl of the pipes when played correctly. Umbrian and Uillean have a nicer tone though IMO (must be the Irish ancestry) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwxga8udIio
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:10 pm

A 'marmite' instrument I think Judd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 6:46 pm

malcolm wrote:
A 'marmite' instrument I think Judd.

Crap is one word that comes to mind, reading this?
 As Judd says played properly the bagpipes are beautiful instruments, I am happy in that for many years i played wont the World Chamionships Title SIX times in succession with the Glasgow police Pipe Band the ONLY band ever to have done so. 
And yes Judd the Ullien and Umbrian are lovely sounding instrumenst similar to my Small pipes or House Pipes.
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 am

I think a massed pipe band takes a bit of beating. If you had to ....... - Page 2 1695888395

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

If you had to ....... - Page 2 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 9:31 am

andsome wrote:
I think a massed pipe band takes a bit of beating. If you had to ....... - Page 2 1695888395

Very much so, I have to agree that the sound of a lone piper is nothing compared to a full band, I still do the odd Wedding or Funeral,  but miss the Family atmosphere of a full band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:12 pm

My time in the forces showed me a great deal of the UK, from Ulster to Kent and Cornwall to the Moray coast.

Where I am now, the East Neuk of Fife, would take some beating, bu  if I had to choose I think I'd go back to my native Wales, perhaps somewhere half way up {Preseli , in the already mentioned Pembrokeshire,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had to .......   If you had to ....... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you had to .......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Public Bar and Lounge-
Jump to: