davo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 10:44 pm

what are your plans for xmas this year? - I am often surprised at how people choose to spend it - some alone and a quiet day others hectic with family.

I am part of a 'blended' family too big to get in a blender fortunately but the size can get exhausting. So I am off to spend it with my son and his family who live 200 kms away in the little seaport town of Broome once famous for its pearls.

er in doors will stay at the family homestead with her son who is 'passing through' as they say these days and the infirm and elderly.

my son and I are aficionados of the cuban leaf; bourbon malt and a catholic taste in music - so apart from the usual family duties around the tree etc we will have a mixed asian/aussie food fare and partake of the cuban ladies a noggin and ear shattering noises from the box

they have a large rented mansion Asian style and I have my own bedroom and ensuite for the duration.

cheers and a merry ho ho ho to all
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 am

As usual we will be going to our daughters for Christmas day.  Unfortunately our oldest granddaughter will not be there, she is on a long post university holiday in New Zealand with her friend.  Our son and his partner will not be there either, his partners father is at deaths door and they will be visiting him in Doncaster.  So there will only be 'Er indoors, me and our Daughter and son in law and youngest granddaughter. A quiet day this year.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Xmas plans? 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 9:33 am

We are visiting the daughter on Christmas day staying until wed. then maybe have a get t-gether for New Year. :;smile:

Xmas plans? 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 am

We are at home with one of my wife's daughters Janet, husband Dave, grand-daughter Emma and her current Portuguese partner Rick.

Rick and I, both being 'religious', will spend the day turning full bodied portuguese red wine into water.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Quiet Christmas for me. The only close relatives I have left are my two sons and grandkids. Will spend Christmas morning with youngest son and family then onto my eldest son and family for Christmas dinner... it's his turn to feed me this year.  yes
Back to top Go down
-pops-
-pops-

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 2:53 pm

I'd much prefer to spend the day quiet and peaceful. Doubtless we will be overwhelmed with various offspring with their families and relatives/friends anxious to test our burgeoning table of treats which we have built up a tradition of providing. No big meal but a regular supply of hot bits and bobs to keep everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Never mind folks - fortunately it's only once a year. The thought gives me much solace.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 pm

andsome wrote:
As usual we will be going to our daughters for Christmas day.  Unfortunately our oldest granddaughter will not be there, she is on a long post university holiday in New Zealand with her friend.  Our son and his partner will not be there either, his partners father is at deaths door and they will be visiting him in Doncaster.  So there will only be 'Er indoors, me and our Daughter and son in law and youngest granddaughter. A quiet day this year.
less presents as well eh? morn
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:24 pm

AlanHo wrote:
We are at home with one of my wife's daughters Janet, husband Dave, grand-daughter Emma and her current Portuguese partner Rick.

Rick and I, both being 'religious', will spend the day turning full bodied portuguese red wine into water.
and long may you hic but don't try that trick at any wedding parties - you'd be as welcome as a fart in a divers suit!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Hetty wrote:
Quiet Christmas for me. The only close relatives I have left are my two sons and grandkids. Will spend Christmas morning with youngest son and family then onto my eldest son and family for Christmas dinner... it's his turn to feed me this year.  yes

have a nice one Hetty - that's the bottle share yaself out a bit !
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:32 pm

well I've been wrapping pre-loved xmas presents for the family - can't afford new ones this year and any how they would have got them all in 10 yrs time ! I discovered my use by year from my super  manager when asking for more money - he said sure but it will all run out by your estimated use by age which is 85 yrs. when I exclaimed with surprise - he said "oh don't get alarmed we do this for all our clients but you could go before or after then"!

if I go before the family get more money if after I run out of money!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 pm

have to attend a family funeral this sat - sad really - one week before xmas but knowing her personality she will probably be saying "silly buggers - they don't know what they are missing on this side!" sun
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Xmas wouldn't be the same without a tragedy in your far flung family, or circle of friends or neighbours etc. Fate always seems to strike at this time of the year.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:20 pm

No visitors, no visiting either for us.
Just the pair of us doing what we usually do with the added interest of roast turkey, plenty of booze and chocolate fudge cake.
The family will be calling round Dec 27th for eats and presents and stuff.
Roll on New Year
Back to top Go down

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 4:38 pm

With me it's the usual. Iv'e been ordered up to my Son's to have dinner with him and the family. They only live about a half mile away. "Dinners at four so be here at two" came the orders from my Daughter-in-Law. Or "She who must be obeyed" as I call her. giggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xmas plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas plans?   Xmas plans? Empty

Back to top Go down

Xmas plans?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next