Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. Empty
PostSubject: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 12:43 pm

We are surprised at the positive reviews for this show.  As far as were were concerned it was a dismal load of rubbish.  Billed as being filled with stirring songs and tunes, we can only ask where people are coming from.  The diction was terrible and the acting was appalling.  The only good thing about it was the puppetry, and this was truly amazing.  We can only advise going to see the film instead. We feel well and truly cheated put of our money, having seen MANY truly wonderful West End shows in the past, this was a huge disappointment.

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 pm

I find that most of these shows are crap therefore i never waste good hard earned money on them---the film wasnt that much better either :stormy:

War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:39 pm

We have enjoyed every West End show over the years before this on except Chess, and we have seen a good many.

Back to top Go down
ourjimmy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
ourjimmy

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Not meaning any disrespect to you Andsome --just my opinion --it just isnt my scene --having said that my wife goes to many shows

War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. 1695888395
A  Decent Sort Of Chap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:22 am

We go to London a few times a year and always take in a show or two,must say I think the majority are worth the money.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:31 am

Last time I was in London was in the sixties. Hated the place !!
Never seen a 'show' anywhere ! can't see the attraction, and could never justify the expenditure !
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 am

malcolm wrote:
Last time I was in London was in the sixties. Hated the place !!
Never seen a 'show' anywhere ! can't see the attraction, and could never justify the expenditure !

Each to his/her own of course, but we have spent many really happy hours at shows, and have seen some wonderful entertainment. Including Les Mis twice, Phantom, Sound of music, Me and my girl, My fair lady, Miss Saigon, Blood brothers, Cats, Josephs Technicolor coat, Jesus Christ super star, and possibly others which don't come immediately to mind.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 am

How much do you reckon it's cost you all told ?
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 10:55 am

malcolm wrote:
How much do you reckon it's cost you all told ?

I ain't bovvered really.  Money is for spending on what gives us satisfaction and happiness, we can't take it with us.  I am nearly eighty now, and 'Er Indoors is nearly seventy nine, what is the point in hanging on and denying ourselves pleasure, while we can take advantage of what we have?  This is why we have so many short breaks these days.

Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am

Quite right andsome you spend your money on whatever suits you, I couldn't agree more.
My wife is profoundly deaf and so the entire concept of a live 'show' is not what she would consider enjoyment, it would be more like torture for her.
Over the years we have lost the habit of going out anywhere except for shopping trips and holidays, we find it easier on our nerves this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.   War Horse.A bitter dissappontment. Empty

Back to top Go down

War Horse.A bitter dissappontment.
Page 1 of 1