Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Sir Keith Starmer Empty
PostSubject: Sir Keith Starmer   Sir Keith Starmer EmptyFri May 27, 2022 2:38 pm

Taken from Daily Mail 27/05/22

Sir Keir Starmer walks into a bank and says: 'Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?'

'It would be my pleasure, sir,' the cashier replies. 'Could you please show me your ID?'

'Oh, I didn't bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need' says Starmer. 'After all, I'm the leader of the Labour Party.’

'Yes, sir, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors, forgers and requirements of the legislation, I must insist on seeing ID.'

'Just ask anyone at the bank who I am and they'll tell you.  Everybody knows who I am.'

'I'm sorry, Sir Keir, but these are the bank rules and I must follow them.'

Getting a bit agitated, Starmer says: 'C'mon, I'm urging you, please cash this cheque.'

The cashier relents slightly. 'Look, Sir Keir, here is an example of what we can do………… One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods, he went to his car and brought back a tray full of sand and his sand wedge. He dropped his ball into the sand made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.

'Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He fetched his tennis racquet and ball and proceeded to made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball cleared the counter and landed in my waste bin. With that shot we cashed his cheque.

So, Mr Starmer, what can you do to prove that it is you - and only you?'

Keir Starmer stands there thinking and thinking until he finally says: 'Honestly, my mind is a total blank. There's nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I simply don't have a clue.'

With a big smile, the cashier says: 'Will that be large or small notes

By

Ken Brady, Swanmore, Hants.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Sir Keith Starmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Keith Starmer   Sir Keith Starmer EmptyFri May 27, 2022 10:51 pm

I saw that one comin!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Sir Keith Starmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Keith Starmer   Sir Keith Starmer EmptySat May 28, 2022 11:06 am

In that situation Boris would have had the rules changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sir Keith Starmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Keith Starmer   Sir Keith Starmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Sir Keith Starmer
Page 1 of 1