AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Super Glue Rant Empty
PostSubject: Super Glue Rant   Super Glue Rant EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 11:25 am

A SUPER GLUE RANT!!

It's been a while since we had some mundane drivel on this site and I don't know about you but I feel the site has become a bit lazy because of it, plus the handful of people who respond to such posts might be tempted to respond to some fresh drivel and tell their own tales about glue disasters. So sharpen your pencils, here we go.

This morning while doing a tiny bit of maintenance I broke a tiny piece of metal from a gadget  and did what most insane people do... I reached for the superglue, as I have done countless times over the years.

I got the same result that I have always got over the years IT DIDN'T STICK, of course it didn't stick, it never sticks, does it? The only thing superglue is good at, is sticking skin. It is usually fingers that get coated when holding the broken piece at the breakage point but another rich source is an over-shoot of the glue due to the one other thing that superglue sticks...it's own cap to the tube.  

So you apply a little too much pressure to the tiny tube while trying to undo it, and you are lathered in the contents and even if you are quick enough to not stick your finger to another finger or the item you are glueing, (which is especially annoying as it won't stick to itself), you are left picking the dried on new glue skin off your own skin and nails for days.

Thinking back, I can't remember one occasion when superglue has repaired the item I bought it for, its usually something plastic isn't it and it’s clearly the wrong type of plastic for the glue. You probably even saw on the packet that it didn't mention your item, but kidded yourself that they probably just accidentally left it off the packaging.

The really annoying part is that because it comes in such a tiny tube, you can't find it from the last time it failed to work, much the same as you can’t find the little tube of cream you put on your cold sores after you scored with that gorgeous creature ten years ago at that party. You know the one, with the mini skirt, big bust and the cold sore that didn’t put you off - because she was a stunner. Now you have to use that cream on your lips every time you get depressed or stressed until you die.

I can honestly say I can't ever remember having a really successful glue of anything, the only glue that works is wood glue and how often do you break something made of wood these days, even pegs are plastic.

So I'm cheesed off and also curious and would be very interested to hear your glue success stories, or more likely, failures. And I want to be clear here as clear as the glue itself, I don't call a success something that looks like it stuck but fell apart soon afterwards, we've all done that.

I'm talking about something that could be used exactly as it was before it broke, like if you broke a five iron against the ground because you are an awful golfer and superglued it back together and on a par 3 hit your ball three feet yet scored a hole in one – with the club head.

Obviously if you are currently superglued to something and can't type, maybe call a friend using your nose and dictate, I would love to read your story.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Super Glue Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Glue Rant   Super Glue Rant EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 12:04 pm

Never used it, never had it, never bought it !
I use three different kinds of adhesive....PVA, Yuhu and Araldite, I have had successes and failures with all three.... mainly successes I'm happy to report, but some items just refuse to be repaired and sadly must be discarded.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Super Glue Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Glue Rant   Super Glue Rant EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Glue Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Glue Rant   Super Glue Rant Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Glue Rant
Page 1 of 1