Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

The Day of the Triffids Empty
PostSubject: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 9:53 am

I don't know what a Triffid looks like - but I'm concerned that this plant in our conservatory - which is taking over the place - might be one. Libby reckons it's a harmless Bougainvillea.

I'm not so sure

The Day of the Triffids Gq0yy85

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 10:19 am

Very nice plant Alan... once grew one from a cutting I brought back from Dubrovnik, didn't do very well though
Back to top Go down
Morty
Morty

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 4:45 pm

I like that! Does it have a scent at all?
I love the owl hiding in the leaves.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 9:37 pm

No scent at all. The pink bits are not petals, the flower is tiny and white, smaller than the diameter of a pencil and surrounded by the magenta coloured bracts.

The owl is not real Morty - nor is it edible in case you were feeling piggish. She put it there to keep an eye on me.  Wherever you are in the conservatory, it appears to be looking at you.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
volvojack

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 11:17 am

Yes Alan the plant is a Bougainvillea really do grow very fast, we had to cut ours back every year.

Keep your eye on that Teddy boy reclining there.  You being nearly as old as me will remember them
       with their long jackets and drainpipe trousers. although he looks innocent enough.
 Nice Conservatory Alan, hope you have got a good secure lock on it.
 On ours at night we use "Padlock" which comprises of two steel bars with handles at each end, they interlock around the door handles and easy to put in place  and also remove. They are very sturdy and although not usually put in place daytime they are actually quite smart. (I am not a Rep for this co.) but they certainly give peace of mind.      Regards  V.J.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 1:51 pm

John

Thanks for the heads-up on your padlock system - but we are already covered within limits.

Our outdoor CCTV system includes cameras covering the rear garden and conservatory door.
 n addition to those at the front of the house.

The conservatory door has a multi point secure locking system and the sliding patio doors to the house also have a secure system which prevents both doors from sliding. Of course, neither stop access if the double glazing is smashed. 

The house alarm includes a floor pressure sensor in the conservatory and we set the alarm when going to bed or leaving the house.

Other than employing 24 hour armed guards to stay in the house, there is not much else we can do.

Back to top Go down
volvojack

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Thanks for that reply Alan. 
                                      If you do have any security  problems  at any time I could always send up my Mother  in Law "Lady Bulldog"   Might cost you a few quid in raw meat
                                                                                                   Regards  V.J.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Triffids   The Day of the Triffids Empty

Back to top Go down

The Day of the Triffids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Homes and Gardens-
Jump to: