Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 1:29 pm

I mainly use my Lumix camera when setting out to take photographs. It is easy to use and I can hold it steady - even at maximum zoom. However, I  find that the camera on my phone takes pictures almost as good - if I can hold it steady - which more times than not I can't. It is amazing that a tiny lens and sensor can capture so much detail.

After getting home yesterday we took advantage of a spell of sunshine to sit in the garden and have our daily G&T. I was sitting close to a Buddleia which was being visited by a few butterflies. I happened to be browsing my phone when a Red Admiral landed on a flower a couple of feet from me and I took this picture.

Take a look at it full size to really appreciate the definition.

My phone is a cheap Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 by the way.

Smartphone Cameras A4Jxfau

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 4:44 pm

That's good detail when the photo is enlarged. Most likely every bit as good as the Lumix would have taken. I've got a Canon PowerShot SX260 but am starting to favour using my phone's camera instead. The contrast in photos seems better.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:44 pm

What helps Mart is that the much shorter focal length of a smarphone camera gives you greater depth of field. I doubt that my Lumix would show both wings in focus

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 7:37 pm

I've just seen a very similar photo of that butterfly on the "one show" on BBC1 not more than ten minutes ago
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 6:54 am

malcolm wrote:
I've just seen a very similar photo of that butterfly on the "one show" on BBC1 not more than ten minutes ago
Now is this a coincidence or what ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 7:47 am

Butterflies are a popular colourful insect to photograph. They are normally quite obliging for poses too. One of the same species looks fairly much like another ..unless you're a butterfly I suppose.  yes  I sent this butterfly photo into ITV's local News and they showed it. It means you get your name read out on the telly. A few seconds of fame.

Smartphone Cameras CbNsdiU
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 8:08 am

The view over the fence at the bottom of my garden [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smartphone Cameras Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smartphone Cameras   Smartphone Cameras Empty

Back to top Go down

Smartphone Cameras
Page 1 of 1