2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

HS2 Railway Empty
PostSubject: HS2 Railway   HS2 Railway EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm

I had to clean the car for the second time in a week yesterday.  The car was brown but was supposed to be white.

It is the result of living in an area beset by work on HS2 requiring significant re-routing of numerous side roads and some of the main roads. Bridges are being build over the M42 and the adjacent main roads. Traffic gridlock is a daily hazard. An automated overhead people mover is being built connecting the new station to the airport and National Exhibition Centre  which goes over a number of local roads.

Birmingham airport is just 1.5 miles away from our home and the huge new HS2 Birmingham railway station is being built 2 miles away. Road diversions, re-routing and closures are rife and the heavy construction traffic is dragging a sea of mud onto the roads.  There is an army of road cleaning machines doing battle with the mud problem - but it is a mixed blessing - by being slow moving and making traffic flow worse.

According to the artists conception pictures It is all going to be mighty impressive when completed - but the work involved is unavoidably seriously inconveniencing local residents. We have about 4 to 5 years of it.

They should have given the contract to the Chinese - they would have built the whole railway in a couple of years max.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

HS2 Railway Empty
PostSubject: Re: HS2 Railway   HS2 Railway EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Do you actually know who the main contractor is?
Might get a surprise!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

HS2 Railway Empty
PostSubject: Re: HS2 Railway   HS2 Railway EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 pm

In our area, it is Balfour Beatty Vinci.

They will be employing 7,000 people on the Midlands section.

They have been attracting local tradesmen who see it as a short term regular well paid job - so much so that getting building work done in our area is very difficult and expensive

I am registered with HS2 to be invited on local information webinars and receive daily Email updates on significant activities and road closures

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HS2 Railway Empty
PostSubject: Re: HS2 Railway   HS2 Railway Empty

Back to top Go down

HS2 Railway
Page 1 of 1