HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It lets the lightning pass through

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

It lets the lightning pass through Empty
PostSubject: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 pm

from the old days - used to have an old aunt - well she was then quite young but looked old to me who used to open all the house windows when it was lightning and thunder storm - rationale - "it lets the lightning pass through without hurting anyone" - any truth in that one"  I used to wonder where the bloody thunder went to? drum
Back to top Go down
Dr.Neko
Dr.Neko

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptySun May 23, 2021 7:45 am

davo wrote:
from the old days - used to have an old aunt - well she was then quite young but looked old to me who used to open all the house windows when it was lightning and thunder storm - rationale - "it lets the lightning pass through without hurting anyone" - any truth in that one"  I used to wonder where the bloody thunder went to? drum
I do the same thing as your auntie did. I enjoy sitting at an open window with a hot drink and watching the lightning. Very refreshing Davo. It can sometimes be quite a shocking experience too. yes
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:39 am

Yes..I love to watch a thunderstorm develop,and wait for the discharges, once got caught out on a walk in the woods, surrounded by trees....very scary shy
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptySun May 23, 2021 5:02 pm

well where does that leave me?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Neko
Dr.Neko

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptySun May 23, 2021 8:21 pm

It lets the lightning pass through DeliveryService?id=NPG-NPG_87_43Franklin_d1
On June 10, 1752, Benjamin Franklin flies a kite during a thunderstorm and collects ambient electrical charge in a Leyden jar, enabling him to demonstrate the connection between lightning and electricity.

Davo if this man harnessed lightning then so should you.  thumb
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptyMon May 24, 2021 12:13 am

I don't wanna harness it!!! - I wanna see it go through!
Back to top Go down
Dr.Neko
Dr.Neko

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptyMon May 24, 2021 2:25 am

Is the storms bad in your area Davo?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptyMon May 24, 2021 7:25 am

monsoonal storms - flash lightning ll sheet lightning ; bolt lightning etc
Back to top Go down
Dr.Neko
Dr.Neko

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through EmptyMon May 24, 2021 7:52 am

davo wrote:
monsoonal storms - flash lightning ll sheet lightning ; bolt lightning etc
UK is too small for dangerous storms and it makes lightning storms a very romantic phenomenon to watch from a window. The coasts often hit the headlines though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It lets the lightning pass through   It lets the lightning pass through Empty

Back to top Go down

It lets the lightning pass through
Page 1 of 1