5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Exercise   Exercise EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 pm

It's probably know known that I ride a bike ..not as much as I used to but I still have a go. Does anyone else do anything to stay as fit as possible?
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 2:38 pm

I did 10.5 miles on the ordinary bike this morning. It took an 1¼ hours. One part of the ride is along a canal bank where other cyclists, walkers and joggers might be met. I always stop and put a mask on for that part of the ride (very rarely see anyone else with one on).

The trouble I've found is that a mask is quite OK for normal breathing but if you're panting a bit and need more air, the mask gets sucked into the face and it becomes hard to breathe through. I've got a mask frame on order that supposed to stop that from happening. I hope it works.
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 11:31 am

I joined a local gym on the first of October......Just for a month to try it out.

I go early afternoon and there are very few people there at this hour.

I started by doing 10kl on a static bike and various arm and leg exercises for general fitness as I have some work to do up on the roof in the coming months and will be hanging off high ladders and roof edges.

I go only weekdays and am enjoying it immensly.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:49 am

I used to go to the gym, but gradually tailed off, likewise we did a lot of country walking in our locality and that too gradually tailed off.
Now we do no extra exercise at all, apart from gardening, housework and car washing.
Neither of us are overweight...I am 5'9'' and weigh just 12 stones, we eat well, plenty of fruit and veg, chicken and fish and lean red meats and drink far too much gin and tonic.
My parents were very poor and died at a very early age, mother at 41 when I was 11 and dad died at 52 when I was just 15....so at 75 I am living on borrowed time, exercise or no exercise.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 1:21 pm

good  on ya Mal I do a lot of writing and typing oh and yawning!
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Still using exercise bike and some dumb bells I have purchased and am now on a dedicated daily routine.

Day 34 without any G&T's or a comforting Whisky. I am drinking wine with water, good enough for him, can't be bad for me?
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 4:14 am

my young female physio wants me to exercise all day long very boring stuff but won't let me bed her - now that would be some exciting exercise!!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 12:12 pm

I'm not getting much exercise at all, I used to enjoy cycling and walking but I'm feeling very weak from the Chemo and spend a lot of time sleeping.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:17 am

knee replacement or not? - I have seen several docs ;surgeons etc about this topic - some docs even have said don't bother after 5 yrs they need to replace the knee replacement? - most say "I'm not saying it's your choice dear boy" gone are the days of firm instructions from doctors. I have been in and out of the health services all my working life - no not sick working. Now I am not so keen about knee replacement - have to leave home for at least a week to have it done - I am told the physio immediately after is painful and so on and so forth. My damage knee is slowly mending itself - muscles and tendons tightening up like a drying old rope joint and I can still walk with it. I guess there are as many alternate views as the harry and megan debate! knees up mother brown!
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 am

I have to say that a couple of factors have made a difference to fitness. These are the lockdowns, plus my brother can't cycle anymore. Both have meant less riding of the bike. I can still ride but tend not to get the same enjoyment out of it that I did before these events. I ride mostly the e-bike when I ride now and might struggle to do the same distances and hills that I did only a few years ago.

I more go for walks than bike rides now. Still at a good pace when I'm on my own too. Luckily, there is a large area of land not far from here that is rugged, leafy and a generally good place to be. Although it's the same area I walk all the time, it is interesting to watch it change character over the seasons. Thought I'd show a few photos of the place.

Summer..
Exercise FspCOqL
Exercise HXXzAHB
Exercise VwdEC0a

Winter (2010)..
Exercise ZFtRz6p
Exercise NNqKiEl
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 11:46 am

I noticed that one of the top tennis players - male has just come back striving like mad on the court having had two hip replacement and now playing on with a steel hip replacement apparently - wots it all about alfie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise   Exercise Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise
Page 1 of 1