3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am

This is about a family who get caught up with gangsters in money laundering. I've just watched season 1 (10 episodes) and am about to start on season 2. I like these long-running series' as you get to know the characters so well and also get intrigued by the storyline.

This one has some surprises along the way and I am enjoying it. However, I do wish the scriptwriters hadn't used the 'f' word so much. A good tale spoiled by so much use of it. I don't know why the use swearwords is supposedly so acceptable in screenplay these days.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:28 am

Mart wrote:
This is about a family who get caught up with gangsters in money laundering. I've just watched season 1 (10 episodes) and am about to start on season 2. I like these long-running series' as you get to know the characters so well and also get intrigued by the storyline.

This one has some surprises along the way and I am enjoying it. However, I do wish the scriptwriters hadn't used the 'f' word so much. A good tale spoiled by so much use of it. I don't know why the use swearwords is supposedly so acceptable in screenplay these days.
I can't seem to commit myself to American TV Drama/mysteries at all these days, the last I watched and rated very highly was Boardwalk Empire, this I considered to be brilliant in every dept. I only have Freeview and all the new apps that came with my new TV that are (and probably will remain) still un-explored.

Quote :
I don't know why the use swearwords is supposedly so acceptable in screenplay these days.

I think that in this case you can substitute the word 'acceptable' with 'mandatory'
I refuse to watch any TV programme where the use of, and inclusion of, the F-word and its derivatives, is purely and wholly unnecessary and un-required adjectival flotsam.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm

I can get interested in them OK. 'Breaking Bad' and 'Better Call Saul' are two other examples of long-running American series' that I have been interested in. Both had a degree of bad language in them but not so much as 'Ozark'.

It doesn't stop me watching and being interested in the twists and turns of a long-running series but I find I can't watch them with family present, even though they are all turning 50 now and their own children are adults. They don't seem to mind but I feel uncomfortable with it.

Ah well, no family will be visiting into the foreseeable future, so I can just watch them and tut to myself. :)
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Not a huge fan of American dramas myself, though there have been the odd good ones

Breaking Bad
True Detectives

Just finished watching Ken Stott in the 'Messiah' series, again....Very Good.

MM, we don't watch terrestial Tv as its 99% garbage but when a series does come on I wait for it to finish and download from a torrent site and stick it on a usb. Much more satisfying than waiting weeks to watch something.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 3:30 pm

I have done that in the past Beastie, but torrent sites are difficult to find these days..
Would appreciate some pointers if you can
Back to top Go down
The Beast
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
The Beast

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 2:00 pm

These work for me MM, but it depends on your browser settings. I use an IP hider as well.

https://torrentdownloads.proxybit.space/

https://eztv.io/

https://yts.mx/

https://kickasstorrents.to/

https://www.pirateproxy.space/
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:13 pm

That's great Beastie I will certainly try them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ozark (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ozark (Netflix)   Ozark (Netflix) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ozark (Netflix)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Film and TV-
Jump to: