HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr Finlays Case Book!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Dr Finlays Case Book! Empty
PostSubject: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 11:29 pm

watching this one at the mo - anyone remember? - such great lessons in life to be learned and the Scots humour sharp at to the point. Never realized they used "craic" as a term but then discovered the Irish had borrowed it from the Scots originally?
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 6:20 am

I'm not fond of anything Scottish Davo, can't understand the accent either !
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 am

after a few episodes ya get in the craic! - strangely in real life Dr Cameron died of a car accident bordering the Loch with the monster! - Dr Finlay at a very early age 55 of broncho pneumonia! and Janet the house keeper had a lustrious career and appeared on the Eamon Andrew show and died of a heart attack - { not on the show!] truth is stranger than fiction!
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 2:17 pm

I remember it mostly from the radio.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:39 pm

yes I believe the radio show continued after the TV run strangely enough. the acting is a bit ham imo but the stories are down to earth and informative on life!

I remember watching it in my late teens occasionally but often found it a bit boring!

Quote :

DrFinlay's Casebook is a television drama series that was produced and broadcast by the BBC from 1962 until 1971. Based on A. J. Cronin's novella entitled Country Doctor, the storylines centred on a general medical practice in the fictional Scottish town of Tannochbrae during the late 1920s.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Just had a look at A.J. Cronin's write up on Wiki, I never realised just how prolific he was.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 am

wow me neither - what a power house he was - well qualified, traveled and rich too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Finlays Case Book!   Dr Finlays Case Book! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Finlays Case Book!
Page 1 of 1