Masala and Pepper Sauce

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Masala and Pepper Sauce Empty
PostSubject: Masala and Pepper Sauce   Masala and Pepper Sauce EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 2:28 am

This sauce is delicious with fish and chicken.  A friend who was a chef at the Sheraton Hotel in Bahrain gave me the recipe - along with another dozen or more recipes - when I was working in the Middle East in the 1980's. 

½         Red Pepper
½         Green Pepper
1          Medium Onion
180 g   Tub Philadelphia cream cheese
150 ml  Double cream
60 ml    Port
60 ml    Marsala wine
40 ml    Cointreau
30 ml    Sunflower oil

Finely chop onion into small cubes – fry in pan with sunflower oil until tender.
Finely chop both pepper halves into small cubes – add to the onions and simmer until just al-dente.
Add philadelphia cheese and slowly melt over a low heat. Add the port, masala and cointrea then stir thoroughly – do not let it boil.
Now add the cream slowly and stir vigorously to prevent it curdling. Again - do not let it boil

This can be frozen in serving portions. When de-freezing this sauce let it melt naturally to room temperature – pour into a pan on a low heat and stir continually whilst it comes up to just before boiling. Do not boil – the cream will curdle.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

Masala and Pepper Sauce
Page 1 of 1