Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

A Lovely Day Out Empty
PostSubject: A Lovely Day Out   A Lovely Day Out EmptySat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 pm

It was a lovely sunny day here a couple of weeks ago and we decided not to waste it at home and went for a drive in the countryside.

Avoiding motorways and driving at a leisurely pace we finished up in a car park on the Malvern hills. Despite me having to pay the day rate of £4.20 for the Pay and Display car park, we decided to go for a stroll along the ridge which wasn’t too steep for us. The views are magnificent and one can imagine the inspiration it must have given Elgar to live in and around these hills.

We were only away from the car for a couple of hours and when we returned to the car, my wife, ever the scrooge, waylaid a couple who had just arrived in a beautifully restored Jaguar C type and mugged them for £2 in exchange for our car park ticket. She put the money in her purse.

We drove home via Upton Upon Severn and parked in their free car park to have a wander round this lovely old historic town. Drive through it on Google Earth street view and you will get the flavour.

By now it was lunch time and we dived into Ye Olde Anchor Inn for a refreshing pint of lager shandy (I was driving) a nice lunch and a coffee. I was fascinated by the tea spoons – did they betray that Yuri Geller had been here. (If you are too young to remember him – look it up).  They are in fact jam spoons.

A Lovely Day Out NvmV8xu

The Inn dates back to 1602 and is stuffed full with character. Some of the stone floors are original

A Lovely Day Out NJwr5lp

We meandered back home via Evesham and Stratford upon Avon. When I stopped outside my garage the instrument display showed that we had done 127 miles and averaged 74.7 mpg on the journey.

That’s one of the joys of having a petrol hybrid car when driven with a very light foot on the loud pedal.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

A Lovely Day Out
Page 1 of 1