Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

A trip to Bolney and back. Empty
PostSubject: A trip to Bolney and back.   A trip to Bolney and back. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 pm

we went to Bolney in Sussex yesterday to get the hand controls on the car sorted out. The steering wheel accelerator was far too touchy. After some hours and parting with a load more cash, the problem has been sorted. Mrs Mart has just managed her first drive without the car leaping around from slow to fast in an instant. It can be driven much more smoothly now. She is well pleased.

The trip to Bolney and back was a bit fraught (me driving) I got into the wrong lane from the M3 to the M25. I wanted to go in the Gatwick direction and was in the lane going towards Heathrow. The lane markings were not clear in my opinion because a few other drivers had made the same mistake. It was peak traffic times and do you think anyone was going to let me get over? Not a chance and in the end I just had to upset a few drivers and go for it. It was either that or sit in the traffic going to Heathrow. Lord knows how long it would have taken to get out of that and turn around somewhere.

On the way back I was harassed at the roundabout at the end of the slip-road coming off the M3. A van was pushing hard to overtake but I knew my lane and stuck to it until past the roundabout and into four lanes of traffic. I indicated left to let the van driver by and just at that moment a lorry driver on the inside of me decided he was in the wrong lane and started to pull into mine. It was too late, I couldn't move over because the van driver had started to overtake. I had to keep the lorry where he was and got a hoot because of it. I went past the lorry and then he could pull into my lane. I don't think he knew why I couldn't let him carry out his manoeuvre.

Oh well, at least the trip was worth it because the hand controls are OK now but the major roads and Motorways are such a rat-race now. No quarter given by other motorists. I always allow for people getting into difficulties and let them in or out so they can get out of trouble. It seems other motorists would sooner see someone have an accident rather than do that.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: A trip to Bolney and back.   A trip to Bolney and back. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 5:00 pm

I hate the M25, even with a Satnav iit is very difficult to know which lane you should be in.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: A trip to Bolney and back.   A trip to Bolney and back. EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 am

I last drove in UK in 2000 - God sounds terrible now - overcrowded rats in a cage comes to mind! Mind you the major cities in OZ are almost as bad but as least we have space!
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: A trip to Bolney and back.   A trip to Bolney and back. EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 pm

It's not too bad here once you are out of Auckland. It's a bit of a bugger where our major city is built on a narrow isthmus so all north/south traffic is squished into a couple of miles wide.

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: A trip to Bolney and back.   A trip to Bolney and back. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 am

Ciderman wrote:
It's not too bad here once you are out of Auckland. It's a bit of a bugger where our major city is built on a narrow isthmus so all north/south traffic is squished into a couple of miles wide.

great for census counting though heh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trip to Bolney and back.   A trip to Bolney and back. Empty

Back to top Go down

A trip to Bolney and back.
Page 1 of 1