HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dalziel and Pascoe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 am

watching re-runs of this thinking mans/womans detective series - filmed of course in the harsh but equally picturesque north of England country. excellent acting by all and sad to hear of the untimely death of Warren Clarke - without a penny to his name. the music was provided by that great composer Barrington Pheloung - the haunting romantic sound of the flugel horn is to my mind majestic.

It was sad and curious why this series was canned along with other notable BBC series by a new "controller" who's only objective was to save money whilst still paying out millions to someĀ  some 'star' idols!
Back to top Go down
Gibbo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 5:27 am

I'm with you there, Davo. It, along with Morse, was truly a great series. Sad to see Warren's passing. I've read all the books by Reginald Hill. He too passed away. The series deviated from the books after a time. In the books Ellie and Rosie never left. I could go on forever. great taste.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 9:07 am

welcome aboard Gibbo - having not read the books at all how close did the tv series characters match - particularly dalziel with his womanizing; whiskey drinking; cigarette smoking and general ill health whereas poor old pascoe try to play it even! The countryside used reminds me of the similar outlook in Last Tango in Halifax!
Back to top Go down
Gibbo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Hey, Davo. The series wasn't far off the books. Hill had a wicked sense of humour and transferred that to Fat Andy. He drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney. If you're a reader, you have a special treat in store. I'm in Sydney, mate. Where are you? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 4:26 pm

western australia - kimberley - the big country!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Gibbo wrote:
I'm with you there, Davo. It, along with Morse, was truly a great series. Sad to see Warren's passing. I've read all the books by Reginald Hill. He too passed away. The series deviated from the books after a time. In the books Ellie and Rosie never left. I could go on forever. great taste.
oh great I am glad that ellie and rosie never left - that was heart rendering!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 12:00 am

Gibbo wrote:

bit like Heartbeat - but sometimes the books can be a bit dull heh??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptyMon May 20, 2019 2:21 am

just did another re-run on series 1 episode 1 - magic stuff but I am getting sad now about what may have changed in the country??
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 10:57 am

sad to hear of the death of Barrington Pheloung ; composer for the Dalziel & Pascoe series - loved the haunting flugel horn bits.he also composed for Inspector Morse and later Endevour, He was a true dinky di aussie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dalziel and Pascoe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dalziel and Pascoe   Dalziel and Pascoe Empty

Back to top Go down

Dalziel and Pascoe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Film and TV-
Jump to: