Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

I've earned a beer! Empty
PostSubject: I've earned a beer!   I've earned a beer! EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 3:52 am

For two days Jill and I have been packing cardboard boxes ready for the move in 16 days! Being the cheapskates that we are we declined the extra cost of the removals packing stuff. Jill's been packing in the house and I've been mostly out in the garage packing my stuff. Luckily there's a bloody enormous garage and workshop at the new place and a huge carport so we will probably never put a car inside, both can park under that. I took an advance trailer load down last Sunday . Lathe, drill press, couple of vices (no not that kind!) and masses of spanners and some sheets of particle board that I have no plans for but couldn't bear to part with it. two boxes of electrical stuff and anything else I could stuff on the trailer. Luckily Sunday was almost devoid of traffic so I did the trip in about 2 and a half hours. Left at 7:30 back by 2:30. The nice bloke we bought from helped me unload and he was clearing his stuff so I gave him a hand with that then checked the measurements of the bedrooms so Jill can figure out what fits where. Had a Subway breakfast at about 10am. I was the only one in the place and they really looked after me. That's nice! I've earned a beer! Icon_e_biggrin

-----------------------------------------
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.ws/ciderman_nz/
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: I've earned a beer!   I've earned a beer! EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 am

Going to have a look on Google Earth to see if I can get an idea of where you are going.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: I've earned a beer!   I've earned a beer! EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 am

It's a town called Masterton, Purwell. Nice small town but a bit bigger than where we are at the moment in Waipawa, (15A Ruataniwha St- so you can street view yes )

Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: I've earned a beer!   I've earned a beer! EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 am

Found Masterton, will try street view later today. 
I have a Facebook friend from Hitchin who lives in Rotorua which I think is farther North than you.
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Ciderman

PostSubject: Re: I've earned a beer!   I've earned a beer! EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 8:40 am

Ah! Rotorua! A fascinating place! Sometimes known as 'Stinkytown', sun When you first arrive in the area you notice the hydrogen sulphide smell but after a couple of hours you don't even notice it. I think your olfactory equipment ignores it.
Attachments
I've earned a beer! AttachmentLady Knox Geyser.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(84 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've earned a beer!   I've earned a beer! Empty

Back to top Go down

I've earned a beer!
Page 1 of 1