Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Fall Creators Update Empty
PostSubject: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am

Coming to your Windows computer soon ...and when it does, be prepared for some lengthy downloads and procedures. The download may appear to hang at times but don't give up or abort thinking that something must have gone wrong.

A lot will depend on the speed of the Internet connection and the speed of the computer. Both of those are pretty quick in my case but the update still took some hours. Another factor will be that the Microsoft servers will be very busy rolling out the update to as many computers as they can. Slowness will be experienced because of this too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for that Mart - my BB speed is around 8meg so it will probably take all day !!
Back to top Go down
https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 10:28 am

If you want to try to initiate the update, just use the 'Check for updates' button. This might start it going. There's the Update Assistant too:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (click the 'Update now' button)

..or take no notice of when or how and just use the computer without the update until Microsoft tells you it's ready. I haven't noticed much difference between the old and new so far. The build number has gone from 1703 (OS Build 15063.674) to 1709 (OS Build 1629.19)
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 2:39 pm

The irritating thing about updates that take a long while is that you must plan for it or otherwise it will start automatically just when you want to do something important.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm

I found downloading the update and getting files ready for installation took most of the time. I was able to keep using the computer while those bits were happening. Couldn't do that when the actual update was taking place but I don't think this took half as long as the first bit.

Just wondering now whether to download the ISO and clean install like I mostly do with major updates, or just let things alone and not bother. The computer does seem to be running OK.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Remember the old adage Mart....let sleeping dogs lie !
Back to top Go down
https://murgatroyds.forumotion.net
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 pm

True ..but dogs that are awake can be more interesting. :)
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Downloaded to my laptop without any problems.
I have not noticed any difference either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall Creators Update   Fall Creators Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Fall Creators Update
Page 1 of 1