Share | 

Parcel Deliveries

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Parcel Deliveries   Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 am

We are ordering more and more stuff over the internet. It is delivered by various parcel couriers depending on the retailer. My favourite has to be UKMail (Not to be confused with Royal Mail or Parcel Force). The reason being they provide you with a forecast of the delivery time slot and you can go on their website to track where you are in the drivers schedule.

I wish they would all do it - I hate waiting in all day not knowing when to expect a delivery.

Here is their tracking page :-

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Yes I agree Alan 
I get all my books and other stuff from ebay or Amazon and and stuff from places like Superdrug and Asda etc.
I get deliveries practically every day....the worst delivery firm is Yodel and the next one is the bloody Post Office
Back to top Go down
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Amazon are very good with delivering their own sales,I use them a lot,and they can usually be tracked. It is touch and go with other sellers on Amazon

Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:53 am

we just get a van drive up to the door and throw it on the drive! hat
Back to top Go down
Ciderman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:15 am

We can contact the courier if we are unexpectedly out, to deliver it to next door neighbour or to hide it under the BBQ or in the garage.

davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:30 am

I used to order cartons of wine from the eastern states who asked where they should put it if no reply then they said PS: we do not recommend you selecting front porch
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:30 am

We do a fair amount of online shopping but being at home for deliveries that need signing for can be a problem. We're mostly OK because we have neighbours we can rely on. A matter of arranging it and putting a note on the front door. They aren't always around though and this leaves us wondering how to handle expected deliveries sometimes.

We buy locally when we can, providing the price isn't too much more expensive than on the Internet. I think it's worth paying a bit more to go into a shop and come away with the goods. It also means that if items need to be returned for any reason, they can be put in the car, taken back and there's someone to talk to face to face. Just our small (probably ineffectual) effort in supporting local shops and jobs. Maybe every little helps in stopping their demise because of Internet competition.
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 pm

At the moment I am lucky because I can get parcels delivered to our post room at work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parcel Deliveries   

Back to top Go down

Parcel Deliveries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Public Bar and Lounge-
Jump to: