Joke for 03/09/17

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Joke for 03/09/17 Empty
PostSubject: Joke for 03/09/17   Joke for 03/09/17 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 10:24 am

This is a story of a man who worked at the post office. His job was to process all mail items that had illegible addresses.

One day a letter came to his desk, addressed, in shaky handwriting, to God. He thought, “I better open this one and see what it’s all about.”

So he opened it and it read: “Dear God, I am an 83-year-old widow living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had a hundred dollars in it which was all the money I had until my next pension check.”

“Next Sunday is Easter, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with.” “I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can you please help me?”

The postal worker was touched, and went around showing the letter to all the others.

Each of them dug into his wallet and came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected 96 dollars, which they put into an envelope and sent over to her.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of the nice thing they had done.

Easter came and went, and a few days later came another letter from the old lady to God.

All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened. It read: “Dear God, How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?”

“Because of your generosity, I was able to fix a lovely dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day, and I told my friends of your wonderful gift. ”

“By the way, there was 4 dollars missing. It was no doubt those thieving bastards at the post office.”

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

Joke for 03/09/17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joke for 03/09/17   Joke for 03/09/17 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 5:46 pm

drum drum drum
Back to top Go down

Joke for 03/09/17
Page 1 of 1