HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! Empty
PostSubject: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Help needed lads and ladies in simple english - I have a dvd player ; laptop and TV. I can quite easily attached my TV one HDMI port only to the laptop and switch with controls to laptop to tv super!!

but I have just purchased a HDMI splitter unit two out ports only and which ever way I turn it and change it I cannot include my DVD player in the configuration. I can however play the DVD player if it is connected to the splitter unit in the same way as the TV but together zilch

any suggestions [pleasant ones please!]

ps: tv is oldish tv ; dvd is blueray LG and HDMI splitter is1080P 3d ver 1.3 - what all that means I don't know!

Last edited by davo on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 6:51 pm

All I can say davo is that my LG television has three HDMI ports. I have my Apple TV in one, My DVD Blueray in another, and my Freesat Satellite in another. They are switchable from a menu on the TV. I have to select which Port I want to watch and the TV automatically selects and joins the particular unit which is connected to that port. 

I am going to stick my neck out and say NO, not unless your TV has a menu page that can select the port or player that you require. As you have said, there is only one HDMI port on your TV so I doubt whether you will have an on-screen menu function. 

I think from what you have said that you are going to have to change the device you want to use manually to the TV. It may be possible to have the two devices plugged into your splitter via two HDMI cables but I think you are going to have to switch the device you want to play manually. So if you want to use your DVD player switch that one on but have the other turned off. 

At his point I don't see any reason to get into Bluetooth or WiFi as that is another kettle of fish altogether.

I hope this post has helped davo.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 12:28 am

well I've overcome it partially by playing my dvd's from the laptop that way I can switch from TV to laptop DVD!! - but it's not the best answer ! thanks for that anyway gandalph yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:46 am

davo wrote:
well I've overcome it partially by playing my dvd's from the laptop that way I can switch from TV to laptop DVD!! - but it's not the best answer ! thanks for that anyway gandalph yes

You are welcome davo. The problem is that doing it that way you could lose some quality by playing the DVD's to your TV. But at least it's one way to do it.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 6:17 am

!!!!!!!!! I always play my dvd to TV yes yes how would you recommend improving it ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 12:37 pm

When I said you could lose some quality playing it to your TV from your laptop what I meant was, If the laptop , say for instance , is not an HD type of player, then quality will be lost to the HD TV. Therefor the quality of the picture on the TV may not be that which you would get from your Blue-ray DVD Player. If however the Laptop is an HD type of DVD player, then very little would be lost.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 12:49 pm

ughh - I don't think the Tv or the laptop is HD!! whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm

If your TV has a Info button, it will tell you the definition settings on the TV while you are watching a program davo. Just press it and an information box should appear with either 720P, or 1080i, or 1080P in the box. That will tell you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!   Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tv's / DVD's /PC and HDMI cords!
Page 1 of 1