davo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 am

any suggestions ? - I am a collector of good strong biros not the plastic types you buy in packs of 10 at WW. However the problem is they all have slightly different cartridges and nowadays no one seems to hold a varied stock which I can understand completely. it just seems a shame to have these lovely solid built biros with their little springs ready to take on yet more work and their they lie idle - another casualty of the throw away era!! hat
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 3:28 pm

I only use a Parker Jotter pen. They are not expensive, the ink is stable and smooth and refills are easily obtainable. One of my pens is 15 years old and has only had a new body and less than a dozen refills in all those years.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm

I have a yard brush which I have had for forty years and is still as good as new, it has only had two new handles and three new heads yes
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Mine is a true story though - my faithful Parker Jotter just keeps on going.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 am

Have you scoured the Internet Davo? Try the search term 'ballpoint pen refills'. That should give you an inkling.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 10:57 am

AlanHo wrote:
Mine is a true story though - my faithful Parker Jotter just keeps on going.
The company where I earned my daily crust used to have a "Management Conference" every year.
I think it t was really just a get together of senior management that could be held at some expensive venue without paying VAT on it.
We were all very well fed and our thirst was alleviated very nicely and we were all given a toy or trinket to take home. On one occasion, in the  tail end of the last century, I received a Parker ball point in a "presentation case".
It seems like sacrilege to use it and so it sits in a cupboard in the dark waiting to be acclaimed as something or other.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 1:14 pm

You say you were a 'Scientist' in an earlier life.....which branch of science would that be ?
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 2:12 pm

I used to get them free  from medical reps before I retired and cuts so they never issued them again.

I have a no husband entry pen holder and know exactly how many are in that pot.

They were the good solid ones as well and lovely writers.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

malcolm wrote:
You say you were a 'Scientist' in an earlier life.....which branch of science would that be ?
It was the branch that was based on textiles. The ins and outs of both natural fibres and man mades were studied.
Being born in Bradford most of this went on in what was at the time known as Bradford Technical College, but was subsequently deemed to be a University.
I spent a number of my early working years in the development of Non Woven Fabrics, then a few more in the manufacture of them. This was followed by more years supervising the production of products made with them and finally I became the Quality Assurance Manager  for the whole factory and the weaving factory situated several miles away, and had a staff of Quality Control Inspectors, Technical Service Chemists and an Engineer, Lab. Assistants, Specification Officer and Clerk, and my Secretary.

........and I still have a full head of hair!!!!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Oh dear - my head is full of brain - I feel for you. However - you have a great working history.

Most of my working life has been spent in the aluminium industry which is possibly why I can no longer remember much of it.

Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 12:00 pm

AlanHo wrote:
Oh dear - my head is full of brain - I feel for you. However - you have a great working history.

Most of my working life has been spent in the aluminium industry which is possibly why I can no longer remember much of it.

Maybe you can not remember it , but since it is aluminium you can make light of it!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

ah but remember since he has been aluminumed he continues to aluminate us all continously! drum
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 4:04 pm

He is just a bright spark. So hence glowing  drum
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 4:29 pm

I am happy to be the target for a change. Just note that over the years I have been insulted by experts and have become totally immune..... morn

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biros at rest?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biros at rest??   Biros at rest?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Biros at rest??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next