6 posters
AuthorMessage
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm

I am not having much luck with the new Niro. Last month someone dented the rear hatch which cost me the thick end of £200 - now I have damage that will require an insurance claim.

We went shopping yesterday to 4 locations and when I got home to put the car in the garage I was in for a nasty surprise.

Here We Go Again Car_da10

Someone has hit the drivers door with considerable force. The door is bent inwards and the bottom of the door really buckled. In addition the lens on the door mirror is broken.

I feel a bit of a muppet for not noticing it while we were out - but it is not all that apparent when you walk up to the car from the rear. My wife was passenger and she didn't see it either.

Hence I have submitted a claim but am not able to specify the location or time. Whoever did it must have known and scarpered.

2 locations were supermarket car parks and the others on the street. I don't hold much hope for getting CCTV evidence and my car cams only actuate when the ignition is on.

Buggeration.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Oh dear!
That's not nice. My best wishes for a speedy recovery and may you catch the born out of wedlock culprit.
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:17 am

Sorry to hear that Alan !
NCB's and high premiums have created a new breed of criminal I fear.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:30 am

Oh how annoying, it always seems to happen in supermarket car parks. They must have known they did it.

You pay the price unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am

Oh Alan I had that in a car park before, makes you angry that you can't catch the so & so.who did this.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 3:08 am

just make up all the details req'd as much as possible - the insurance co don't give a bugger!
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 6:31 pm

At the request of my insurer I took the car into their official body shop today for them to assess the damage and provide an estimate for the repair.

The estimator said that it would need a new door - a repair, though possible, is not financially feasible. I already knew from a post on the KIA forum that KIA do not stock the mirror flasher lens as a separate item and that they only provide a complete assembly at a cost of about £400 plus fitting. The estimator also said that with white cars they always re-paint all adjacent panels which means that the whole of the drivers side will be re-sprayed.

I asked him what the ball park total cost might be and he said it will be £3000 to £4,000 depending on the cost of the door. Cripes!!

I guess they rack up the bill because it's an insurance claim....Here We Go Again 2x210

No wonder premiums are so high.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:21 am

well your probs seem to pale into insignificance compared to these poor chaps who are now getting viciously fined just for driving around London!!

super rich cars   

ps: nice cars though heh?
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 10:44 am

It is nothing other than a rip off.

Have you thought of taking it for an estimate to another repairshop.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 4:26 pm

My insurance policy requires me to use a body shop they recommend. 

They are paying for the repair (all but my £250 excess) so I see no purpose in getting another quote - simply because they will ignore it.

You and I both know that repair shops take advantage and load insurance repair costs - because they can.

One if Libby's sons in law is a senior manager of a major loss adjusters and he says that to minimise overheads costs the insurance companies don't waste time arguing over costs. It is easier for them to take their lumps and then put premiums up to cover the costs. 

This is why insurance premiums are going up all the time - it's a gross injustice but me making a stand aint gonna change anything.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here We Go Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here We Go Again   Here We Go Again Empty

Back to top Go down

Here We Go Again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Public Bar and Lounge-
Jump to: