first casualty of the year

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

How soon can you get to see a doctor? Maybe it ought to be scanned or X-Rayed before you try the Witchetty Grub mind diversion therapy.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm

well I've been in and around this game for a long time with people who pretend to care but don't really!

thanks for asking most don't!

waiting for docs etc then  I know the course - ultrasound next - well I've decided to go with {physician heal thyself}

pressure sock and anti-inflammatory rubs ; a few endones left over from another time [wow they're magic] and home made beer - seems to be working! this is old age that's all get over it! groan
Back to top Go down
Gandalph
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:30 pm

You can't beat the old Aussie Bush remedies davo. Work's a treat every time. yes

Save a tree, eat a Beaver.

Albert Einstein: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe".

Machine Specs:  iMac 27 with 5K Retina Display | Intel Core i7 with boost up to 4.2 GHz | 32 GB 1867 DDR3 SDRAM | 3 TB Fusion Drive | AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 2GB Video Memory |macOS High Sierra 10.13 | Apple iPad 4 16 MB iOS 10.3.3 | 16 GB Apple iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.5 |Apple 4th Generation TV with 64 GBytes.

Laptop: Novatech 15.4" | AMD Athlon 64 1.6 Ghz | 250 Gb Hard drive | 4 Gb DDR2 Ram | Windows 10 Pro 
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:34 pm

well finally consulted a doctor -I usually hate them - lovely elderly fellow from guatemala - fancy that - welcome to OZ I says in me best bush twang - how long have you been here - 27 yrs he says with a laugh - bit to late to welcome you in then says I - anways he pummelled me and used his mini ultra thingy and then said he thought there was no major damage just a bad twist but wanted an immediate ultrasound to confirm presence or absence of blood clots which he was concerned about - you know shooting up to the lungs and lodging. ultrasound done and all clear - well young laddie he says that's it then all clear just sore - keep taking panadol and see ya in 3 mths oh and you can pick some brand new crutches up on the way out! I tried to get endone out of him but he wasn't having that one -too much constipation he said!! ye thanks doc hat
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:41 pm

visited my super friendly chemist in our small town of 9000 who did stock both arnica and tumeric thingys - so started on the arnica first - how long do the bloody things take to be effective FGS I need magic! murgs dance
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:55 pm

You have not adopted the free witchetty grub treatment then.?

I do hope that the arnica stuff works for you but admit to being a bit sceptical.

However - I have known catgate for many years and don't doubt that it works for him. I s'pose any treatment really needs the patient to believe in it.

I am tempted to try the turmeric pills myself - I have a dodgy left knee and have to come down stairs one at a time keeping my left leg stiff. The thing that is off-putting is the advertising blitz about turmeric - you cant pick up a tabloid paper or a magazine without being presented with half page adverts boasting of the efficacy of turmeric+. Its the sort of pitch you might expect from snake oil salesmen.

So best of luck Davo - dodgy knees make you grumpy as I know all too well. Years of begging has now wreaked its toll.

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:11 pm

I'm a believer I'm a believer !! cheers cheers

my son asked me what lessons had a learned [bloody cheek] but I replied in all earnestly - watch where you are walking and walk more carefully - took a lot of thought that did!

I'm just thankful I can still drive thumb
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 pm

What is your putting like?  

This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 pm

well these days I've almost forgotten where to putt it!
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Re. the Arnica.
It has been used (successfully)  in out home for going on for 50 years.

Another excellent homeopathic remedy is A, G, E. (Aconite / Gelsemium / Eupatorium ) for the onset of colds and flu.
Works like magic. Made up in "pillules" and a few doses of "pillules" (one or two taken several hours apart on the onset of symptoms) and the  flu just gives in and disappears.
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 pm

still using it at the mo and will report on results later - there could be a Phd in the offing here!!
Back to top Go down
davo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:45 pm

catgate wrote:
Re. the Arnica.
It has been used (successfully)  in out home for going on for 50 years.

Another excellent homeopathic remedy is A, G, E. (Aconite / Gelsemium / Eupatorium ) for the onset of colds and flu.
Works like magic. Made up in "pillules" and a few doses of "pillules" (one or two taken several hours apart on the onset of symptoms) and the  flu just gives in and disappears.
ps: they did sell an arnica ointment alongside the pilules??? well it's coming up 10 dys now and no miraculous cures - I think the doc was hinting that pain was needed to slow me down - ie - removing all pain doesn't mean tissues healed so pain free would mean walking too well on still injured tissue if you get the gist but I think I've turned the corner slowly!! still working on the Phd!

ps: do miss the walk with the dogs in the woods groan
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:08 am

Well, I am most disappoint at your news.
I suppose the delay between the onset of the "problem" and the application of the "treatment" may have been the reason for the sad news.

I suggest that you get a little tin with a sealing lid, and keep your  homeopathic remedys therein, ready for next time.They have a reasonable shelf life. Not everlasting but certainly a year or two in my experience.

p,s. The ointment is not really true homeopothy. It is a modern "bandwagon" job. If you had put it in you mouth, and sucked it, it may have been a bit nearer the mark!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first casualty of the year   

Back to top Go down

first casualty of the year
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next