malcolm
davo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

news from where you live? Empty
PostSubject: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 3:41 am

just had another idea about sharing and caring? Here is the online site for our local newspaper - where I live we don't actually have one but we share our news from the main town of the Kimberley Broome. Here is the webpage address - as you will see we live in a beautiful, sunny very hot part of the world always close to the sea ; can also be very dangerous, treacherous and wild. And we still are a gun toting lot. Oh and we do have the oldest outdoor functioning cinema in the world, in which you can sit on a deck chair have a snack [but no alcohol or fags] and actually see the planes flying directly overhead just before they land!

enjoy:  where I live

who else has an online newspaper?? we might even see your pic in it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 pm

We have a local rag called "The Berwickshire News" that is obtainable online, the highlights anyway. Never much to read in it apart from local Wind Farm" proposed sites, a few Deaths, what the local Council is not going to do and so on. Local Court cases which are a bit boring because nothing much ever happens up here, thank God. All in all a bit of a boring read really. morn
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 10:52 pm

I'll have a look in a mo
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 pm

hey gandalph you going to Kelso for two days fun???

kelso fun and games
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 3:35 pm

This is our local rag Chorley Guardian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 5:31 pm

davo wrote:
hey gandalph you going to Kelso for two days fun???

kelso fun and games

Not on your Wallaby davo. I give these things a miss. We have an annual one here in Duns. It lasts a week and I stay well clear of that as well. Every small Market Town in the Borders has a Gala week. Chirnside has had theirs about three week's ago. Duns had theirs that finished last week. We have a two day event starting on the 5th August called The Duns Agriculture Show, I will be staying clear of that as well.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 9:13 pm

now 'ang about mate 'ang about - I thought all these events were to engender [sorry about the long words sometimes] community spirit and let the little toddlers get out in the fresh air and meet their [heres another long word comin] contemporaries? AND what about the old folk tucked away in their little crofters [like wot you iz] who need to re-energize themselves; get some fresh air and meet folk of all ages!!!! mot to mention makin some money for the local council hall??
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 pm

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 pm

thanks alan - you look a bit bewitched!
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 pm

malcolm wrote:
thanks Malcolm
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Gandalph wrote:
We have a local rag called "The Berwickshire News" that is obtainable online, the highlights anyway. Never much to read in it apart from local Wind Farm" proposed sites, a few Deaths, what the local Council is not going to do and so on. Local Court cases which are a bit boring because nothing much ever happens up here, thank God. All in all a bit of a boring read really. morn
thanks gandalph
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 8:31 am

malcolm wrote:

here's a little device I found advertised in the chorley guardian [see it's workin already]

the car tracker

especially designed for the ladies strugglin home after a hard days shopping and suddenly unable to find their car AND buy four and you get four free ones although why anyone would want 8 cars I don't know!   rain

Last edited by davo on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 am

Sheep with head stuck in bucket. The Gem Vale of Glamorgan
Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Purwell

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 1:55 pm

I have an App on my phone that does that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Stick the 'One free" into hubbies pocket, that way you will always know where he is. yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: news from where you live?   news from where you live? Empty

Back to top Go down

news from where you live?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next