More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Photographs from our day in Winchester:

Two photos of the River Itchen
More Winchester HHoXdtL
More Winchester MLF7RiU

A fine old clock and the town centre skyline
More Winchester RyGGxWN

Statue of a past Bishop of Winchester Cathedral. The netting is to keep the pigeons off.
More Winchester Iq5NSkT

Last edited by Mart on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : One of the images not showing.)
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:41 am

ah the lovely river Itchen - in the 70's I worked in Winchester for a while and on lovely summer days we would take our lunches down to a grassy verge as displayed and just enjoy the experience - it was often difficult to drag oneself back to work for the rest of the day! sun
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 am

We had our lunch there yesterday Davo.
Back to top Go down
Goldie
Goldie

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 8:29 am

Nice picsĀ  hat :;smile:
Back to top Go down

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

I remember it well Mart, for all it was the sixties when I did my basic training down there. I see they have done the Old Mill House up into what looks like Apartments now. It was still a non-functioning Mill in those day's. I also remember standing on the grass verge of the Itchen and watching the Pike. Oh for the good old day's.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm

A friend of ours said the mill was used as a youth hostel for a while when he was young. It does look like apartments now though.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 10:18 pm

I lived in b/stoke in those days and when required to work in w/chester would drive down the A30 at break neck speed in my newish renault 15 - sporty type and loved the sight of that oldish pub as you came off the A30 to go into w/chester. Is that still there Mart and can you get me a pic?
hat

cart and horses kingsworthy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by davo on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 11:07 pm

I remember coming off the Winchester by-pass to go into Winchester years back but I don't know that pub Davo. I haven't driven that way for ages. The last time was for jury service at Winchester Crown Court but that must have been about 35 years ago.

When my sister and I were just about teenagers, we cycled to Winchester from Aldershot. We were blinkin' exhausted on the way back and even thought about calling the Police to get us home. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Winchester Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Winchester   More Winchester Empty

Back to top Go down

More Winchester
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Lifestyle :: Members Photos-
Jump to: