davo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
davo
davo

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:31 am

well watched the original series years ago and then got fed up with it all but just recently it came back with a new Dr Who - peter Capaldi i suddenly found interesting and impressed but I think I just caught the last of the series when he blew up the cybermen!!
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:47 am

I like Peter Capaldi but my favourite Dr Who has to be David Tennant (2005-2010) with Matt Smith (2010-2013) a close second. Now we have to wait and see who is replacing Peter.
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 4:27 pm

It is rumoured it will be a woman.

Dianne Abbot might be a good choice - she loves fantasies.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
malcolm
Administrator
Administrator
malcolm

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 5:29 pm

A load of ill-conceived, ill -directed, badly acted, badly scripted children's nonsense
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Other than that it was OK then? 

I can't comment because I have not watched it

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 11:31 pm

malcolm wrote:
A load of ill-conceived, ill -directed, badly acted, badly scripted children's nonsense

that's what turns you on then "ah I see said the grasshopper"
Back to top Go down

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Give me a good Documentary on Wildlife or Geography or Space any day and I will sit for hour's and watch it. The rest they can keep.
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 2:13 pm

david tennant and  Matt smith both too young and bit of smart arses!! we need older ones!! cool
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm

I don't mind old but not sure that's going to happen. Kris Marshall (Death in Paradise) is meant to be one of the favourites but, as Alan mentioned, there is also the rumour that it could be a female Dr.  If that's the case I bet you'd prefer a younger rather than older Dr. whistle
Back to top Go down
davo
davo

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 11:35 pm

erhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  YES!!  to the female but Kris Marshall NO -- I have got back to watching Death in Paradise despite my wifes extolations that  it's all rubbish - but that is exactly why I enjoy watching it - it is crazy slapstick humor in a gorgeous setting and talking of gorgeous how about Sara Martins - I was devastated to hear she was leaving - you could see my drool marks all over the kitchen floor and I had many sleepless nights!

I found that phenomena of actors leaving with New Tricks - I just lost interest once the old crew kept leaving - didn't that get down to Dennis Waterman being the only original left - that's ridiculous talk about milkin the cow dry. and I am strugglin to get into the new series with amanda redman as a doctor somewhere in India !
Back to top Go down
Hetty
Hetty

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 8:40 pm

I quite like Kris in Death in Paradise but can't imagine him as Dr Who somehow!

Understand just what you mean about New Tricks, never was the same once the old faces left.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 am

I used to watch it when William Hartnell and then Patrick Troughton played the part, Also later when the children were young and growing up. I haven't watched it in recent years.

I used to think it quite funny when they showed technical-looking electronics panels. The Doctor would sometimes remove one from the Tardis's console. I was a television engineer at the time and could always recognise the panel as one from a television.

I can hear myself now saying to Mrs Mart, "Look at that, it's a Philips G.8 timebase panel!" :)
Back to top Go down

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

I used to work in a department store as a Television Engineer when I first came out of the Army Mart. This was in the day's when you could repair them, Valves and components you could get hold of. Then moved on after a while to Fruit Machines and One Armed Bandits. Then to Marconi on Radio and Radar equipment. Interesting work Mart. But I never got around to working on the Tardis.

Last edited by Gandalph on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
meerkat12
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
meerkat12

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 11:36 am

It's been going a long time now ,my daughters watched when they were young.
But one of them used to scream if she heard the music at the beginning so I stopped them watching it.
Back to top Go down
Mart
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Mart

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 6:34 pm

I did a bit of work on fruit machines Gandalph. It was when a change in the gaming act was enacted and the odds had to be altered. Our small team, working part-time in a garage, would get just the back doors with all the relays mounted on them.

Lots of wiring needed changing and the relays were cleaned up and re-labelled. When all had been done, I'd suppose the door would have been married up with the rest of the machine. We weren't involved with that bit though.

I think the year would have been 1972. The money made went towards buying our first house. Work started around 7.00 p.m. and would often go on until 4.00 a.m. A few hours sleep and then on to the day job of repairing televisions. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Who   Dr Who Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Who
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murgatroyd's Drop-in centre and Forum :: Popular Topics :: Film and TV-
Jump to: