Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
andsome
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
andsome

Health and safety gone mad Empty
PostSubject: Health and safety gone mad   Health and safety gone mad EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Just finished a salad with cold roast lamb. The pack of celery sticks was labelled celery sticks of course,but underneath this it said "Allergy advice. Contains celery" I could not believe it,when did anyone hear of someone suffering an attack because of eating celery? drum drum drum drum drum

-----------------------------------------
Gustav Mahler is the finest composer who ever lived.

Health and safety gone mad 2nkrm36
Back to top Go down
AlanHo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
AlanHo

Health and safety gone mad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health and safety gone mad   Health and safety gone mad EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 6:39 pm

It is not quite as funny as you think - I once had a colleague who had to avoid celery - it would cause a rash to develop on her face and neck.

I suffer from a cucumber allergy. If I eat cucumber I get severe indigestion. I cannot eat a sandwich that has had cucumber in it. Even if I remove the cucumber the juice it leaves behind will affect me.  Surprising but true - I can eat Gherkin without a problem.

Having said that - the label is a bit stupid - but in this age of com.pen.sation businesses have to protect themselves from stupid claims.

-----------------------------------------
This post may contain controversial personal opinion, humour,  ironic comment or sarcasm. If I have accidentally offended you - please contact me and I will unreservedly apologise. If however it was intentional - it will add to my pleasure. whistle
Back to top Go down

Health and safety gone mad
Page 1 of 1