HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

catgate wrote:
Since the formation of the European Parliament the bull shit produced by Spains bovine activities has been a godsend to all Euro MPs.
If the supply should ever fail we would have no where to exile our never ending stream of useless M.P.s.
 Not sure I agree there cat it's a cultural thing inbred into families over generations.

I just don't like it at all to be honest but prefer rugby. Death of another species due to the ball being made of leather. Joke  murgs dance
Back to top Go down
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

AlanHo wrote:
I don't like bullfighting - but not to the extent I welcome a participants death.

I think we should take a leaf out of a certain politicians book and negotiate with the association of bullfighters to persuade them that what they are doing is cruel. If that fails to work we should organise a mass march on parliament to protest that the government cares more about bulls that it does about hard working people. giggle

shy
Death perhaps a bit over the top Alan on my part but perhaps a slow lingering death  drum

All politicians should be segregated to Angelsy and all the population of said allowed to live in palatial politicians homes at no rent and free food.
Back to top Go down
catgate
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Goldie

I just don't like it at all to be honest but prefer rugby. Death of another species due to the ball being made of leather. 

You bring a very sad memory back.

I was a member of a Rugby club on the out skirts of Bradford, about 72 years ago, and I had been picked as reserve  on the up coming Saturday. It was run buy a committee of players and ex players. It was of course a Rugby Union club  but one or two ex Rugby League retirees were members of the club and played a big part in the running of the club.

Saturday morning came and felt unwell. I had some sort of stomach upset.  I was not " ill ", I was uncomfortable, but
I decided to go along with my kit just in case a miracle caused me to have to play.

I had only been their a few minutes before I was approached by one of the committee members and a retired player. He said that I would be playing because "xxxxxx" had cancelled due to ill health. My face must have shown some sort of disapointment, because ha asked ,"Are you alright?" 

I explained the situation and said I was not so bad as not to be unable to play, but he said words to the effect,"Don't worry I will play in your place, It is years since I played". Being one of the club leaders and committee men there was really nothing I could say. In addition it was obvious he really wanted to play not just make up the numbers.

He had no boots with him, but a shuffle about turned up a chap in the opposing team who had a spare pair of the right size. So Johny played.

In his day he had been "stand off half", which is a something I am not going to go into, except to say that he was not part of the scrum.

The game had been going for about a quarter  of an hour when suddenly the ball was picked up by Johny and he set off for the oppositions try line like a man being chased by an Alsation. He kept having a quick look back and kept up a staggering speed for a man his age,

He threw himself over the "touch line" and just lay there perfectly still.

it was obvious what had happened and it certainly would need an ambulance at the very least. So I set of at a gallop to the nearest telephone, which was quite a way away, and got an ambulance to come.....quickly.

When I got back to the changing room it was plainly obvious that he had played his last game...of every thing.

The general feeling all round was along the lines of "Well, if you have to go  it was a lovely way to go ."

Many, many years after all this we went to the silver wedding of a lifelong chum, Brian.
As we went in Brian turned round and behind him was the owner of the boots. "He said this is XXXX XXXX".
Both XXXX XXXX and I laughed, and said in unison "Well I knew him before I knew you."

Back to top Go down
Purwell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Blimey going out scoring a try!
Back to top Go down
Goldie

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Me and hubby are great rugby union fans, we are hooked on the Lions tour at the moment. 

They had steel studs in those days to, where men were men etc etc. 

We prefer the spats of the 70s , very physical  game and not a clean shirt anywhere.

Today's game has got too elitist I suppose, physiotherapy, look at the change in physique of the players,  not an eyelash out of place.

Good man went out with steel studs facing toward heaven.

I often think a nice way to go x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say   

Back to top Go down

Spanish Bullfighter is gored to Death good is all I can say
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2